Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 8845 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         07 Aug 19 12:24:22
Кому : David Rance                                         07 Aug 19 12:24:22
Тема : Every coin has two sides
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5d4aac28
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d4a9b1c
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d4aeaea
Hello David,

On Wednesday August 07 2019 11:34, you wrote to me:

DR> There are one or two theories flying around. Boris is announcing a lot
DR> of money for various domestic things. Some say that he's going to call
DR> a snap election even though he said he won't. I wouldn't put it past
DR> him to call a general election AT THE TIME THAT WE SHOULD BE LEAVING
DR> so that there will be no parliament to vote against a no-deal Brexit.

Parliament has no power during the transition??

DR> Even after parliament is prorogued he will still be prime minister
DR> with full powers until a new parliament sits. That's my theory,
DR> anyway!

That would be something... Does your country have something like "calling the state of emergency" which gives extra powers to the PM? Like Trump did to get his wall? Could he invoke that?

A theory that flies around here is tha BJ does not want a Brexit at all. He is manouvering into a position where he can not possible get the fiat of parliament and the Eu won't bend. So in the end he has no other option than call the whole thing off and he can blame Parliament AND the EU and say "they left me no other choice".

Not my theory, I think it is too far fetched, but it is an interesting thought.

MvdV>> Rumour has it that the BBC will be taken off the cable here in
MvdV>> case of a hard Brext. Pity, but we will survive. The cut will
MvdV>> probably work both ways but the article does not mention that.

MvdV>> https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019/01/18/brexit-bbc-domestic-
MvdV>> channels- to-loose-internat ional-distribution/

DR> You could probably pick up our domestic channels via satellite. I
DR> think the satellite footprint may spill over into the Netherlands.

Yes, the BBC is on the satellite. But I am not willing to make the investment in a satellite dish just for the BBC. The problem will probably be temporary anyway. It "just" needs new licence negotiations between the parties concerned. That may take a few weeks. Or decades... ;-)

DR> I do that here in France. And it should be "lose", not "loose" in the
DR> URL! So much for education!

The aticle was probably written by a non native English speaker.

DR>>> In an hour's time I'm off to France!

MvdV>> So how is France? Your house is still there?

DR> As beautiful as ever! Brexit won't take that away from us because the
DR> French need us to restore their old villages! The only fly in the
DR> ointment at the moment is the dreadful rate of exchange. However, I do
DR> have a bank account over here which I filled up a few months ago when
DR> the exchange rate was better.

DR> David (writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France)

Good to here all is well there.. ;-)