Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Mar 24 23:03:50, всего сообщений: 12459
= Сообщение: 8850 из 12459 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         09 Aug 19 15:24:00
Кому : David Rance                                         09 Aug 19 15:24:00
Тема : Every coin has two sides
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5d4d77f3
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d4d6194
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d4d8976
Hello David,

On Friday August 09 2019 14:05, you wrote to me:

MvdV>> The problem is that it would not end there... Many would prefer
MvdV>> to get it over with and move on instead of another decade of
MvdV>> uncertainty...

DR> What we need is a referendum which, in no uncertain, says that we
DR> *don't* want to leave the EU.

If BJ does as he says, the UK will leave the EU in 83 days. No way a proper referendum can be held on such short notice. And after that it will not matter any more.

DR> Of course, there's no guarantee that it won't start all over again in
DR> the future,

That is what many here fear. That if the Brexit is cancelled "we want a better deal" will start all over again. Actually what the UK was offered on April 2016 was a fantastic deal. No Euro, no Schengen, a discount on the contribution, access to the free market... All the benefits but only part of the duties. The UK will never ever get a deal as good as that...

DR> but there are factions in many EU countries that would like their
DR> country to leave.

Indeed. Even in my own country. But they represent a minority. A referendum that results in favour of leaving will be held when Easter and Pentacost are on the same day...

DR>>> I understand that the BBC may open an office in Belgium or the
DR>>> Netherlands which would give them a right to broadcast in Europe
DR>>> - so it says!

MvdV>> I don't think it is as easy as that. Merely opening an office
MvdV>> is not enough for a non EU entity to get broadcast rights.
MvdV>> There would have to be EU employees and management. We would
MvdV>> not want just /anyone/ to get broadcast rights that easy..

DR> Oh, they know what the rules are, don't you fret!

The rules will be different after Brexit.

MvdV>> What about the other direction? Do people in the UK watch
MvdV>> continental television? Do they watch Irish television? If they
MvdV>> do, will it cotinue after Brexit?

DR> Very few to my knowledge.

Figures...