Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 23 Apr 24 21:50:06, всего сообщений: 12489
= Сообщение: 8894 из 12489 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         20 Aug 19 08:54:43
Кому : Vince Coen                                          20 Aug 19 08:54:43
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5d5ba00a
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:250/1@fidonet+5d5b196e
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:250/1@fidonet+5d5c7409
Hello Vince,

On Monday August 19 2019 22:45, you wrote to me:

>> In case of a hard Brexit you will not be able to travel in the EU
>> on an EU identity card. And your red passport may be unvalid. I
>> don't expect you will be denied entry back into the UK, but it may
>> be hard to get there on Nov 1st... Maybe Ward can play ferryman and
>> get you across on the Fiene...

VC> A passport cannot be made invalid

No deal means no deal. That is all existing treaties will be null and void. By default your passport will be invalid in the sense that it will not be recognised as a document valid for traveling in the EU. There may be a last minute arrangement, but the default will be that you need a visum for the EU, just like anyone else from a country that has made no arrangements for visum free travel. If you are still in the EU after no deal Brexit and you have no visum, you will have the same status as the illegal immigrants that enter the EU hidden in trucks or with small boats crossing the mediterranian. You could be interned in a refugee camp.

That's the theory. How it will work out in practise is anyone's guess. It will be terra incognito.

VC> You are right of course avoid travel any where near the cut of date.

I certainly will avoid going to the UK in that period.

VC> Heck, I might even avoid going past Watford !

It's no joke Vince. A no deal Brexit will be messy. Many things that were taken for granted, will suddenly stop working. Things that have been forgotten because they have been working invisibly for decades...