Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 23 Apr 24 21:50:06, всего сообщений: 12489
= Сообщение: 8924 из 12489 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         26 Aug 19 14:48:06
Кому : David Rance                                         26 Aug 19 14:48:06
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5d63d8b5
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d5cf578
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d63f0f8
Hello David,

On Wednesday August 21 2019 09:40, you wrote to me:

MvdV>> Hmmm... That may be a become an adventure...

MvdV>> I hope you have an arrangement with a money back guarantee in
MvdV>> case the return flights are cancelled.

DR> My eldest daughter has made all the arrangements and, as she is a
DR> lawyer, will have made sure that there is insurance in place against
DR> such things.

Insurance companies are good in finding excuses for not paying. They usually have exemptions for "act of God" and "force majeur". Hidden in the fine print. I trust your daughter has read the fine print. All of it...

DR> Which reminds me of the last time I visited Vienna with Ann. It was
DR> the year of the grounding of all aircraft because of the volcanic ash
DR> from Iceland. Was that 2009 or 2010? We were actually driving back in

Yes, I remember that. If my memory does not fail me it was 2010.

DR> Ann was never one for panicking and could always turn a disaster into
DR> an adventure.

Those are good memories. Hang on to them!

DR> France - so we got it at half price. It took us one and a half days to
[..]
DR> wrong ticket (too cheap) nevertheless we were allowed to continue our
DR> journey and were picked up by our eldest daughter who was living in
DR> London then.

An adventure indeed!

DR> So I'm not unfamiliar with things going wrong! As are most of you, I
DR> suspect. We are not being advised not to travel around Brexit time -
DR> yet! That, I suspect, will come the day before!

When it will be too late...

DR> I understand that new British passports are already being printed.
DR> They will be blue, like our old British passports but, unlike the old
DR> ones, they will be like the flimsy EU ones.

Rumour has it that the blue UK passports are printed in France. Rumour also has it that the 31 october Brexit memorial 50 pence coin is minted by a German company. Isn't that ironic.

I don't have a passport. Last time it needed renewal, some ten years ago IIRC, I let it lapse. Renewal required submitting fingerprints. Sobmitting fingerprints is for criminals. I am not a criminal. I have no plans travelling outside the EU and for the EU an EU identity card suffices. No fingerprints needed. Yet. I know that is a reargard battle...

Cheers, Michiel

... 66 days, 9 hours, 58 minutes and counting.