Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 8976 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         14 Oct 19 14:34:00
Кому : David Rance                                         14 Oct 19 14:34:00
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5da46f48
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5da45152
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/464+5da475bb
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5da47808
Hello David,

On Monday October 14 2019 12:43, you wrote to me:

MvdV>> Still no definite "no". They are still talking but Barnier is
MvdV>> not optimistic and the clock is ticking. Maybe, just maybe in
MvdV>> the last minute they will find a soltution for the Irish border
MvdV>> that is acceptable to all concerned.

DR> One part of me says that it's just window dressing, the other part
DR> says that this is the usual way to a miraculous solution!

It could be either way, butmy impresseion is that they are still trying for the miracle.

DR> Whatever comes out (if there *is* a deal) it still has to get through
DR> the UK parliament.

And there it may run aground again... Prabalby will. They will want a better deal...

DR> of this session is going to be very short with a general election
DR> sometime in November (if there's a deal) or December (if there's no
DR> deal). The delay if there's no deal will be to give time to put in
DR> place a request for *another* extension. <yawn>

"Another extension" presumes an election beyond 31 October has been granted. The EU however has repeatedly stated that a further extension will only be considered if significant progress has been made and there is a deal in sight. At the moment that is not the case and so unless there is real progress in the next couple of days there will be no extension. Hard Brexit Oct 31.

[Queen's speech]

DR> I don't remember a time when a Queen's speech so obviously contained
DR> plans which were never going to happen. That's why it's being dubbed
DR> an election manifesto because it's supposed to appeal to the voter
DR> with good times ahead.

If BJ wins the next election, which seems to be a distinct possibility, some of those plans may actually come into being...

DR> But her majesty, bless her, will dutifully go through all the motions
DR> required of her by protocol. But wouldn't it be fun if she simply tore
DR> it up and told everyone to stop playing silly games. I bet she'd like
DR> to!

Wel well never know will we...

DR> Oh, I've just thought - if it's printed on vellum then it'll be rather
DR> difficult to tear it up!

DR> Cynical? Me?

DR> No more than the rest of the country!

Your cynisism is justified. What a mess!

DR> P.S. If you don't hear from me again there will be two possible
DR> reasons: (1) I had a mild heart attack three weeks ago and, although
DR> I'm progressing well,

Oh boy. I hope the progress in your recovery continues.

DR> it could be that the tension has made me take a turn for the worse, or
DR> (2) they've locked me up in the Tower of London for sedition!

In case 2, we will send my cousin Rogier de Ruyter to set you free. ;-)

Is that trip to the continent on the occasion of your 80th birthday still on?

Cheers, Michiel

... 17 days, 10 hours, 9 minutes and counting...

https://interactive.news.sky.com/2017/brexit-countdown/