Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 9052 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         24 Oct 19 12:38:33
Кому : David Rance                                         24 Oct 19 12:38:33
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5db18767
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5db15ffc
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+121f3a58
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5db30fe2
Hello David,

On Thursday October 24 2019 10:25, you wrote to me:

MvdV>> The year is 2192. The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to
MvdV>> ask for an extension of the Brexit deadline. No one remembers
MvdV>> where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts
MvdV>> many tourists from all over the world.

MvdV>> Julian Popov, Oct 19, 2019.

DR> There's many a true word spoken in jest!

It sure is funny, but I doubt it will become reality.

DR> Ever heard of groundhog day? I never thought I'd live to see it! ;-)

I saw the movie. Long time ago...  ;-)

But you may have noticed that the EU is not all that eager to respond to the extension request that BJ was forced to submit. You are right of course that Juncker spoke before his turn, but there is no denying that some are getting tired of it and want to get it over with. Most likely there will be another extension just before the 31 October deadline, but it will be the last. And it may not be for the full three months requested. An extension Until 30 November is a reasonable option as 1 December is the day that the new members of the EU Commision take their seats.

A month or even a fortnight should be enough for the UK MPs to go through the details of the deal. A month is not long enough for new elections, assuming that Labour agrees, which they will probably not.

So for now I think the most likely scenario is that The EU will grant another extension with the condition that it will be the last, that there will be no further negotiations and that at the end of the extension it will be the BJ deal or no deal.

Cancelling the Brexit is unlikely. Apart from the fact that it has gone too far to simply kiss, make up and continue as if nothing happened, it requires that there will be an election before the new deadline and that it will be won by Labour. Not likely.

I noticed that Sky news network has opend a Brexit free news channel. Apparently some on your side of the Channel are getting tired of it too..

BTW, congralulations on your check up turning out well en your trip is "go". Enjoy it.