Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 03 May 24 12:02:39, всего сообщений: 12492
= Сообщение: 9330 из 12492 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         02 Feb 20 11:26:22
Кому : David Rance                                         02 Feb 20 11:26:22
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5e36a3cf
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5e2483ea
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5e36f0ac
Hello David,

On Sunday January 19 2020 17:29, you wrote to me:

Sorry for the late respons. I had other priorities...

MvdV>> Can you imagine? "OK mr Windsor, what experience do you have?"
MvdV>> I have twenty years of experience shaking hands with VIPs, I am
MvdV>> good at cutting ribbons and laying first stones."

That of course was meant as a hyperbole...  Sorry if I offended you.

DR> That's how little you know of Harry's past! Don't forget that both
DR> Harry and William were RAF pilots.

I know he is (was?) a helicopter pilot. Apache if my memory does not fail me.

DR> Having a son-in-law who is an airline pilot and who was trained to fly
DR> in the RAF, I know that Harry's experience would be of great value in
DR> the commercial world. And it pays extremely well!

If your son in law is an airline pilot than you should also know that it only pays well if one can show logs with hundreds if not thousands of flying hours. Maybe it is different in the UK, but here wannabee pilots have to pay for their own training. And it can't be done in three month. They actually have to pay the airline to make hours in the co-pilot seat. Before they actually get to earn a salary they are in debt by several 100K.

But not our king. Normal people don't get parachuted from the cockpit of a Cessna into the left front seat of an Airbus or Boeing. But our king is licenced to fly the PH-GOV. A Boeing 737 BBJ.

These people are offered short cuts not available to ordinary mortals like you and me...

Another thing that annoys me about royalty. My king has an academic degree. The same degree I have. But I had to get it the hard way. Ik had to do the leg work in the labs. And it is documented. My master thesis is available to the public. It may be under a pile of dust somewhere in the library of the university and difficult to find after almost half a century, but it is or at least was, available for peer review.

Not so for our king. It is under lock. Not available for peers or public. I can only think of one reason: it is below standards. This annoys me because it devaluates my degree and that of my peers that had to do it the hard way. :-(

I think it will not surprise you that I am of opinion that Royalty should be a thing of the past...

OK, end of rant and back to bussines...

The Brexit is a fact. I watched the countdown as projected on Downing street 10.

Other than that the UK members of the EU parliament have returned home, nothing much seems ro happen in the near future, The ferries are still running and you can still travel from the UK to France without much ado. I wonder if that will still be the case in 2021. I read that Johnson has announced he will not accept a trade deal in which EU judges have the last word in case of a conflict. I doubt the EU will accept a deal where UK judhes have the last word, so the first hurdle is already there.

It will be interesting to watch...