Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 03 May 24 12:02:39, всего сообщений: 12492
= Сообщение: 11011 из 12492 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         14 Nov 21 10:21:59
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        14 Nov 21 10:21:59
Тема : The richest people on this planet
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+6190dd4f
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+1b1a4167
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+1b0b2d41
Hello Ward,

On Saturday November 13 2021 23:15, you wrote to me:

Mv>> the king is licensed to fly it and the Royal family has unlimited use
Mv>> for private trips.

WD> I doubt they "just" use it as they see fit ...

Obviously it is not always available as it is used by the prime minister and other members of the government on official bussines, but the king has first rights so "use it as they see fit" comes very close to it.

WD> it would cause an uproar.

There WAS an uproar last year when the royal family flew to their "holiday cottage" in Greece. Public uproar caused them to return two days later and apologies in public. The uproar was not so much about the use of the aircraft but about ignoring the corona rules that kept everyone else from traveling abroad for a holiday trip. But it was the use of the PH-GOV that caught the attention of the spotters and hence the press, that initiated the uproar.

And because PH-GOV had already returned to its home, they had to take a commercial flight back...

WD> Isn't it so BTW that the king and the crown-princess cannot travel
WD> together?

That rule has been absconded many years ago. Apparently the risk of flying is considered infinitisimal these days. Even with the king at the stick... ;-)

WD> The king also flies commercially for KLM.

I know. So that he can log his hours.

Do you think you or I would be given that opportunity? I can fly a Cessna. You can fly a Cessna. I am too old now, but I have confidence that in my better years I could have learned to fly a Boeing 737. And so could you I think. But not on a Sunday Afternoon! We would have to go all the way from instrument flying single engine aircraft to something a little bit bigger and bigger. We would have hundreds if not thousands of hours in our logs and be in debt for a couple of hundred kilobucks before we would ever be allowed near the left cockpit seat of a Boeing 737. We could only have achieved that if we had made it our prime goal in life. No shortcuts for us.

Mv>> Or the "Gouden Draak". A "gift" of the Dutch People to the Royal
Mv>> Family but the maintenance of that yaught is done by the Navy.

WD> Might that be the "Groene Draak"?

Yes, the "Groene Draak" Tnx for the correction.