Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 11032 из 12491 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         15 Nov 21 14:04:44
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        15 Nov 21 14:04:44
Тема : The richest people on this planet
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+619262be
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+1b0b2d41
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+619721a4
Hello Ward,

On Sunday November 14 2021 23:02, you wrote to me:

WD> Then I have to wonder, "why" does a country such as the Netherlands
WD> need a 737BBJ on government business... The German government even has
WD> 2 or 3 Airbus-340 for government business.

On top of the shortlist were Boeing and Embrear. The official reason for choosing the Boeing was that KLM already had the Boeing 737 in its fleet so KLM pilots could fly it with little or no additional training and the maintenance could also be done by KLM.

That the King was licensed for the Boeing was just a coincidence of course...

And why such a luxureous BBJ? Well thet's what I mean by obfuscated cost of royalty. A more sober and perhaps smaller plane would have done the job. But we have a royal family that also "needs" transport. The extra cost of the BBJ does not appear om the records of the monarchy.

BTW, the Dutch Air Force has a Gulfstream IV for liason purposes. It is also used by cabinet ministers and other high officials.

WD> Belgium had an A330 and 2 Embraer-135. They were discarded and now
WD> they have a lease on a corporate jeb. It takes the full royal family
WD> or members of government.

WD> A Bombardier Global Express 6000 which we have regularly at the
WD> airport here flies regularly to Rio de Janeiro non-stop, that's some
WD> 9000km, it has a range of some 12.000km... A Boeing BBJ doesn't even
WD> come near.

PH-GOV has a range of 9150 km. It has type 800 wings that have larger fual tanks that the standard 737-BBJ. It can fly from the Netherlands to all Dutch overseas territories without refueling.

But it can not land on some of the snaller islands...

Mv>> WD> The king also flies commercially for KLM.

Mv>> I know. So that he can log his hours.

WD> He needs 60 hours a year to keep his license current ... plus a couple
WD> of hundred on a simulator ... besides his work as a king.

I hear you...

Mv>> Do you think you or I would be given that opportunity?

WD> Not in a million years... I never understood how he made the
WD> transition from the Fokker-70.

Impossible for a man with a 24/7 "other job" without making shortcuts...

WD> Our king has licenses for a helicopter, a small military Marchetti
WD> prop-trainer, an Alpha Jet and ... hear this ... an F16. He even took
WD> his wife up in a twin-seat F16.

What use has a king for an F16 license? He would never be allowed to fly it for its intended purpose - military combat - would he?

WD> During his training he managed to crah-land, and damage beyond repair,
WD> a marchetti which now sits in an air-museum and an AlphaJet.

Forgot to lower the gear didn't he?

Mv>> WD> Might that be the "Groene Draak"?

Mv>> Yes, the "Groene Draak" Tnx for the correction.

WD> It looks like a nice vessel, not that I think they sail it a lot.

It still needs maintenance. The cost of which does not show in the records of the Monarchy. Your "Fine" is not maintained with tax payer's money is it?