Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 9774 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555.1       01 Sep 20 12:19:45
Кому : Henri Derksen                                       01 Sep 20 12:19:45
Тема : Service unceuncement.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555.1+5f4e23aa
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+7a827acb
Hello Henri,

On Tuesday September 01 2020 03:19, you wrote to Charles Pierson:

HD> I know of least two FidoNet SysOp's who have a Point adres at their
HD> home system using a BinkP capable mailer on their laptop or Raspberry
HD> Pi when they are on the move.

<Raises hand..>

HD> Unluckily 4G mobile systems do not have a fixed IPv4 address,

A fixed IP address is not needed to run a Fidonet node. A dynamic address is good enough. But the situation is worse, they do not have a public routable IPv4 address, they are behind CGNAT and only have an address in a private range. So they can not run a publically accessable server.

HD> but when IPv6 is layd out, it could be possable to have fixed
HD> IP-address, if I am right?

They will have one or more public IPv6 addresses. Static or dynamic.

HD> After that mobile Points can be upgraded to Nodes, and move anywhere?

That remains to be seen. Unfortunately we see a tendency that providers discourage customers running servers. So if those mobile users are behind a firewall and have no acces to the port control tables, they still can not run servers and so still can not run a fully fledged Fidonet node.

We will have to wait and see hiw this works out.

HD> But I donot think a sailor has WiFi on the whole route between USA and
HD> EU at the Atlantic ocean. A Link via Iridium satelite is rather
HD> expensive.

Be a sailor on a cruise ship. Surely there is WiFi for the passengers, linked to the rest of the world by a sattelite link.

* Origin: Camping Boslucht, Diebergen NL (2:280/5555.1)