Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 11040 из 12491 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Ward Dossche                     2:292/854          16 Nov 21 01:00:38
Кому : Dmitry Protasoff                                    16 Nov 21 01:00:38
Тема : Re: The richest people on this planet
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+04453725
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5001/100.1+6192e1f8
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5001/100.1+61941ba7
Dmitry,

DP>WD> You can google for the name "Ambiorix" for example.

DP> But he wasn't killed.

We do not know, we only have Ceasar's "De Bello Galico" and as you know history is written by those who have hanged heroes ... (I got that line from somewhere else).

So if he wasn't killed, you think Ambiorix still is alive?

DP> So you are telling me that those belgians were actually french? :)

You are quoting too selectively and out of context.

DP> "In 2010, former Belgian foreign minister Louis Michel and the father of
DP> future prime minister Charles Michel, called Leopold "a hero with
DP> ambitions for a small country like Belgium".(c)wiki

In 2010 Louis Michel was already senile and Charles Michel is now President of the European Council ... that was the bribe used to get him out of our system.

DP> But it was a Belgian parlament who gave him all rights to control the
DP> colony.

No, it was not a colony until Congo Free State was ceded to Belgium. Congo Free State was private property of Leopold granted to him by the participants of the 1884-1885 Berlin Conference, also known as the Congo Conference or West-Africa Conference. The participants were  Germany, Austria-Hungary, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, United States, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Sweden-Norway and the Ottoman Empire.

Ahaaaaaa ... Russia ... 8-)

DP> And we killed our tsar Alexander II in 1881, BTW :) So he really got more
DP> punishment than Leopold who was ok during that era.

There was a murder attempt on the life of Leopold plus you also killed Nicolas II ... at least we didn't declare Leopold a saint, as Russia did with Nicolas.

DP> BTW, I don't know how much people died in Congo. Wiki says "~10
DP> millions".

I have read some demographic studies concluding there were some 12 million that died. It's guessing however as there were also massive numbers dying from the diseases the Europeans brought with them.

DP> with German's invasion in 1914.

DP>DP>> Do you think that Sonaca planes are much more well designed and do
DP>DP>> not crash? :)

DP>WD> What was that about ..."Perfect whataboutism" ?

DP> If you think that it's easy to fly without crashing - then probably we
DP> need to ask Sonaca to hire you as a consultant ;)

I prefer Stampe & Vertongen.

 \%/@rd

--- DB4 - Oct 12 2021
* Origin: Hou het veilig, hou vol. Het komt allemaal weer goed (2:292/854)