Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 7616 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Ward Dossche                     2:292/854          26 Oct 18 04:16:48
Кому : Benny Pedersen                                      26 Oct 18 04:16:48
Тема : Re: New DAILYLST Z2-DAILY
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+050d515d
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:230/0+5bd240b6
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Benny,

BP>WD> If you don't know the fuck how it is being done, then please shut
BP>WD> your waffle.

BP> my spell book dont contain half of that words to let me translate it

Kees Van Eeten's intervention was very important. The spell books of wizzards should inspire fear ... but I fear you don't understand that.

BP> maybe users or other nodes thinks bad things about me, i just know my
BP> tools better then half of other nodes know how to use a screwdriver :)

A screwdriver is something you drink, not 'use'.

But you're lucky I'm in a good mood, so this is the story of how ZONE2-segments get distributed....

The file-echo ZSEGS was invented eons ago in the days of PSTN to facilitate exchanging ZONE-segments. I inherited it from the late Ron Dwight and it worked via the Eurostar-system of Jens Mueller who immediately got pissed Oct.4th 1994 when it dawned he had lost the ZC2 election ... to me ... totally unexpected and absolute certain he was going to win, khontrol the zone (even before the word had been invented) and make a good buck out of it (just like another ZC who miserably failed: Felix Kasza), had installed a 24-line TBBS-system. His investment never taking-off due to a brand-new ZC who wanted to have nothing to do with making it a money-operation I had to look out to the Z1-system which was the de-facto clearing-house for ZSEGS: 1:140/1 aka Bob Seaborn and dial a couple of times Canada every week to pick-up/deliver what needed to be picked-up/delivered. Expensive calls because contrary to popular belief Bob was not easy to work with ... This will be denied by Roger Nelson ... also by Janis Kracht but remember both of them ended-up being NAB-systems and were responsible for the FIDONEWS-debacle. Sleep with the dog, catch its lice.

Binkd has been one of the best things to ever hit Fidonet and facilitated the distribution of files, and thus ZSEGS, significantly.

Bob Seaborn wouldn't have been Bob Seaborn if he didn't manipulate things and quite often he lost segments ... ZONE2-segments ... he also lost PKT-files and mail-archives. It was documented eventually and when I called him voice, more than once BTW, to suggest certain changes he refused to acknowledge.

Eventually I started noticing that the Wednesday-ZONE2-file, which is when they were exchanged in preparation for the Friday world-nodelist, was always stalled long-enough at Seaborn's system so it wouldn't make the other zones that week and the Z2-portion of the nodelist would never be in-sync between Z2 and the other zones ... ZC5 was very helpfull in determining the stalling by Bob.

Bob was also the clearing-house for the ZCC-echo which was and still is the communication-channel between ZCs. He happily read along and acted upon information which he pulled from it. He even sent netmails commenting upon our communications.

The whole system was compromised by Seaborn's meddling so at a certain moment I decided singlehandedly, without consulting any of the ZCs as none were any help, to boot him out of the ZCC-echo as well as the ZSEGS-file-echo distribution with this message:

Date: 20 May 15  00:35:07
From: Ward Dossche
  To: All
Subj: ZCC and ZSEGS linkage
Colleagues,

This is my last message in this echo as linked via Bob Seaborn.

After this mesage I am removing his information for this particular echo and
will start sending it direct to all of you.

Same for ZSEGS which has already been delivered with as password whatever we
have for binkd connects.

Bob has served me well but a recent netmail of his to me personally makes me
decide I no longer want to do business with him.

He should become unlinked from this conference as well as from ZSEGS
distribution. For those that are interested, Bob has always been reading what
we write here and hasn't had the decency to make it read-only.

I have mailed a couple of times about this, so nobody please say this comes
as unsuspected.

Take care,

 \%/@rd

-+- D'Bridge 3.99
 * 0rigin: Many Glacier -- Protect - Preserve - Conserve (2:292/854)
zEEN-BY: 90/1 140/1 229/426 261/38 100 292/854 712/848 801/161
P@TH: 292/854 140/1 261/38 712/848 292/854

{I just love the seen-by-stripping}

Meaning, what you said should happen ... i.e. sending the ZONE2-segment direct to the other zones, had already been happening since May 20 2015.
Hence my "shut the fuck up if you don't know what what you're talking about" even "when you think you just know your tools better then half of other nodes know how to use a screwdriver"

With all respect, your obedient servant,

 \%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99 SR33
* Origin: A man's most proud moment is when he takes a shit (2:292/854)