Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 11033 из 12491 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Ward Dossche                     2:292/854          15 Nov 21 16:07:12
Кому : Dmitry Protasoff                                    15 Nov 21 16:07:12
Тема : Re: The richest people on this planet
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+140b152f
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5001/100.1+6192558e
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5001/100.1+6192822c
Dmitry,

DP> Do you care about people killed by roman legions 2000 years ago?

Yes, we even erect statues for them.

DP> No one wanted to die in Belgium because it was neutral and had enough fun
DP> with Congo, but I am not sure that Congo was also called fatherland back
DP> then :)

The attrocities in Congo are not exactly a Belgian thing. That part of Africa was the 'private property' of King Leopold II. He had his own private mercenary army, not Belgian military. Only when the price of natural rubber collapsed did he deed it to the Belgian state ... that's when the attrocities stopped, as for the abuse that's another story. Studying history teaches you that.

BTW, way more people perished in the Gulags than in Congo.

DP>WD> Did Russia lose 1.3 million people in the war solely or was that
DP>WD> related to the revolution?

DP> Russia was of the main players during the WW1 (actualy it started because
DP> we decided so), so yes, only during the war.

It was a tad more complicated than that. However I tend to agree that Russia's role in both WWs is grossly underrated in the west. I do believe Russia's role to bring down Nazi-Germany was way more important than for example the aftermath of D-Day.

DP> Belgium was just a dwarf in game of giants, you've lost only 40000
DP> soldiers, tiny number compared to the heavy battles on eastern front.

You should indulge yourselve into looking into the western front of WW1. Hundreds of thousands of graves of British Commonwealth and French soldiers lie in Belgium ... please google for "Passendaele" and "Mine wars" for starters...

DP>WD> Besides, you can also take credit for frying the first man in space
DP> It was just an accident.

The spacecraft was unfit to be launched, there were over 200 issues and Komarov as well as back-up kosmonaut Gagarin stated beforehand the trip would end in failure killing the occupant. The launch took place on specific order of Brezhnev.

 \%/@rd

--- DB4 - Oct 12 2021
* Origin: Hou het veilig, hou vol. Het komt allemaal weer goed (2:292/854)