Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 9349 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Fabio Bizzi                      2:335/364.3        16 Feb 20 16:16:44
Кому : Alexey Vissarionov                                  16 Feb 20 16:16:44
Тема : Web Point Veleno BBS
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:335/364.3+47da1a33
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5020/545+5e4954cf
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: UTF-8 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+1405134f
Hello, Alexey Vissarionov.
On 16/02/20 17:17 you wrote:

FB>> Wow, no mistakes, no problems, no tolerance here.
AV> For the people running hubs and hosts? Obviously: yes.

Wow, people running hubs and hosts in fidonet are like surgeons, if you do a mistake you kill someone. :D
Good to know, I have to ask an upgrade to my RC salary to my ZC!

FB>> Thomas is trying to revitalize Fidonet in Italy and sometimes
FB>> shit happens when you're trying to do something new.
AV> What could be new in just operating a Fidonet node?

Maybe a totally new web point system based on virtual hosts?

FB>> With this kind of thinking no new nodes should be in fidonet, no
FB>> "experienced " people.
AV> People normally start as points for getting used to Fidonet
AV> technologies and software. Once they do, they apply for a node
AV> addresses. Once they have some experience operating their own
AV> nodes smoothly (that means, no unreachability during the "night
AV> from Friday to Monday"; look for "smooth operation" in FPD: this
AV> phrase appears 5 times there), they could serve as network hubs or
AV> even pretend to become the NC and operate the network host.

Yes, this is the fidonet for dummies manual.
Thomas's node is reachable 24hrs a day and for the issue you're referring to, it isn't a reachability issue, the mailer answered correctly but it was skipping the mail packet. It's another issue caused maybe for a disk full or somthing else.
I don't understand why all this fury for a so small problem?

AV> Being literally translated from Russian, that's called "the
AV> learning" here in R50, and allows us to keep the largest region
AV> alive and operational. Highly recommended :-)

Good for you, and if someone of the "learned ones" fails?
A train for Siberia? :D

FB>> IMHO to be more tolerant could be a better way.
AV> The less is the tolerance, the smoother is the result.

Zero tolerance is fine for intolerance. ;)

--
Ciao! :)
Fabio.