Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 03 May 24 12:02:39, всего сообщений: 12492
= Сообщение: 10284 из 12492 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Stas Mishchenkov                 2:460/5858         09 Feb 21 15:28:48
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               09 Feb 21 15:28:48
Тема : Ping
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:460/5858+602281f6
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+60225e8d
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Hi Michiel!

Tuesday February 09 2021 10:53, you wrote to me:

MvdV> That is not how it works. It is you that wants a change. It is up
MvdV> you to
MvdV> convince the developers that it is useful and that any adverse side
MvdV> effects are minimal and not dangerous.

MvdV> I am not a dveloper of a ping robot, zo convincing me is not needed
MvdV> indeed. But convincing me would be a good execirse for convincing the
MvdV> developers because that is what you will have to do.

MvdV> I have done a small survey and send ping requests all over the globe. I
MvdV> tested if the ping robots support @REPLYTO. Other than yours, I found
MvdV> none. That does not mean they do not exist, I have not tested all nodes
MvdV> flying a PING flag yet. But they sem to be rare at best. So you have a
MvdV> lot of work to do.

You're absolutely right. However, I have no such goal. I just wanted to find out how it could be dangerous.

SM>> And, yes, I understand what you are hinting at, but this will not be
SM>> able to cause a ping storm, even if there was the same robot on
SM>> 2:460/5858.

SM>> In addition, such an action is as meaningless as it possible, since
SM>> the author of such a letter is guaranteed not to see the result.

MvdV> Once I received a mail bomb. The one who send it did not see the resukt
MvdV> either.

You reminded me of an old incident. Back in the days of telephone communication, a one system began to crash poll me. At the end I put on hold an zip archive with a name like 0d0afa07.sa0, inside which a file named clock$ was archived. More calls from this system have not been received.

MvdV> The targets will see it and depending how often it happens may
MvdV> percieve
MvdV> is as confusing, amusing or annoying...

That's the whole point.

Have a nice night.
          Stas Mishchenkov.

--- Have You daily sexual life? Hide it proper from Your wife! ;)
* Origin: Lame Users Breeding. Simferopol, Crimea. (2:460/5858)