Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 03 May 24 12:02:39, всего сообщений: 12492
= Сообщение: 10295 из 12492 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Stas Mishchenkov                 2:460/5858         11 Feb 21 13:24:10
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               11 Feb 21 13:24:10
Тема : Ping
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:460/5858+60251136
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+60244ea9
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+60251af7
Hi Michiel!

Wednesday February 10 2021 22:01, you wrote to me:

MvdV> For a human reader: sure. But you got me wrong. What I proposed was
MvdV> letting the gateway do the translation the other way for the other
MvdV> direction. For the (netmail) message FROM Fidonet TO Telegram. Translate
MvdV> Fidonet "John Carpenter" to "31254657345". The Fidonet user will only
MvdV> have to deal with "John Carpenter.

MvdV> But if for some reason that is not doable...

If I understood you correctly this time, then it really is not possible. The Telegram user has a unique user_id. There is a required field first_name, second_name and username - fields are optional. Besides, as you already guessed, all these fields are not unique. Moreover, they are not permanent. The user can change them at any time at will.

SM>> It is much more pleasant to receive a message from John Carpenter,
SM>> but not from 31254657345 and at the same time be able to answer
SM>> automatically.

MvdV> For a human, sure. But a robot does not care. A PING robot will just as
MvdV> happily process and answer a message originating from user "31254657345"
MvdV> as a message originating from "John Carpenter".

But this is quite possible to implement. Most likely I will. Thanks for the tip.

MvdV> If you configure your gate to translate "Jon Carpenter" into
MvdV> "31254657345" for message to user Ping and only for messages to user
MvdV> Ping, then it will work as you desire without the PING robot having to
MvdV> recongnise @REPLYTO.

Some users sometimes write to ping to make sure that everything works for me and the delay in responding to the message was not my fault.

SM>> I think this is not a necessary toy. It is quite enough that my ping
SM>> will recognize the name substitution when responding.

MvdV> But then it will only work for Pings processed by YOUR ping robot. Ping
MvdV> messages coming from Telegram will not usually be addressed to your PING
MvdV> robot. PING is designed for testing the routing in Fidonet. Sendig a
MvdV> ping message from Telegram to your PING robot which is the gateway does
MvdV> not make much sense, there is no Fidonet routing to test that way. What
MvdV> does make sense in your scenario is to send a PING message to a Fidonet
MvdV> node that is not your Telegram gateway. And that will work as desired if
MvdV> you configure your gateway as I propose.

I agree. This can be helpful too. I think this is how I implement it. Thanks again for the tip.

Have a nice night.
          Stas Mishchenkov.

--- Have You daily sexual life? Hide it proper from Your wife! ;)
* Origin: Lame Users Breeding. Simferopol, Crimea. (2:460/5858)