Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 11035 из 12491 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Dmitry Protasoff                 2:5001/100.1       15 Nov 21 18:17:22
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        15 Nov 21 18:17:22
Тема : The richest people on this planet
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5001/100.1+6192822c
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+140b152f
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+190f0f3f
*** Answering a msg posted in area carbonArea (Carbon Area).

Hello, Ward!

Monday November 15 2021 16:07, you wrote to me:

DP>> Do you care about people killed by roman legions 2000 years ago?

WD> Yes, we even erect statues for them.

Name a few guys?

DP>> No one wanted to die in Belgium because it was neutral and had
DP>> enough fun with Congo, but I am not sure that Congo was also
DP>> called fatherland back then :)

WD> The attrocities in Congo are not exactly a Belgian thing. That part of
WD> Africa was the 'private property' of King Leopold II. He had his own

Oh, he was not belgian, was not born in Brussels and not hired belgians for his crimes? :)
And yet still in Belgium his statues are respected with great care.

WD> private mercenary army, not Belgian military. Only when the price of

Guys from Blackwater in Iraq were also not americans, for sure! They were aliens from another planet, probably.
No connection to US at all.

WD> natural rubber collapsed did he deed it to the Belgian state ...

And nobody even punched him in his face for his crimes.

WD> that's when the attrocities stopped, as for the abuse that's another
WD> story. Studying history teaches you that.

So no one called Congo fatherland in Belgium? :)

WD> BTW, way more people perished in the Gulags than in Congo.

Perfect whataboutism!

DP>> Russia was of the main players during the WW1 (actualy it started
DP>> because we decided so), so yes, only during the war.

WD> It was a tad more complicated than that. However I tend to agree that

Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia (because serbs killed Franz Ferdinand) and Russia started full mobilisation. After Russian's ultimatum to Austria-Hungary, Germany protected it's ally by declared war on Russia.
Correct me if I am wrong with those events?

It was possible to stop this mess by negotating with A-H but no one bothered, Russia wanted to start this war and it did so.
And lost more soldiers in that war than any other country.

DP>> Belgium was just a dwarf in game of giants, you've lost only 40000
DP>> soldiers, tiny number compared to the heavy battles on eastern
DP>> front.

WD> You should indulge yourselve into looking into the western front of
WD> WW1. Hundreds of thousands of graves of British Commonwealth and
WD> French soldiers lie in Belgium ... please google for "Passendaele" and
WD> "Mine wars" for starters...

Exactly! Giants were dying in big numbers, but Belgium was just a minor player.
And it got a Rwanda as a gift from superpowers (and failed there miserably).

DP>> It was just an accident.

WD> The spacecraft was unfit to be launched, there were over 200 issues
WD> and Komarov as well as back-up kosmonaut Gagarin stated beforehand the
WD> trip would end in failure killing the occupant. The launch took place
WD> on specific order of Brezhnev.

Do you think that Sonaca planes are much more well designed and do not crash? :)

Best regards,
             dp.

--- GoldED+/W64-MSVC 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: No rest for the wicked (2:5001/100.1)