Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 03 May 24 12:02:39, всего сообщений: 12492
= Сообщение: 11039 из 12492 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Dmitry Protasoff                 2:5001/100.1       16 Nov 21 00:22:02
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        16 Nov 21 00:22:02
Тема : The richest people on this planet
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5001/100.1+6192e1f8
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+190f0f3f
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+04453725
*** Answering a msg posted in area carbonArea (Carbon Area).

Hello, Ward!

Monday November 15 2021 21:09, you wrote to me:

DP>> ago?

DP>> WD> Yes, we even erect statues for them.

DP>> Name a few guys?

WD> You can google for the name "Ambiorix" for example.

But he wasn't killed.

WD> Please google for the history of "Congo Free State" and read, become
WD> educated.

WD> Until Leopold caved-in to political pressure and the Congo was ceded
WD> to Belgium, it was not a Belgian thing. His Army of mercenaries
WD> consisted mainly of French individuals, a lot of Portugese, some
WD> Americans (history hides that), North Africans, Arabs ...

"From 1886 to 1908 the officer corps consisted of 648 Belgians, 112 Italians, 53 Danes, 47 Swedes, 26 Norwegians and smaller numbers recruited from other nations, such as the United Kingdom and the United States".(c)wiki.

So you are telling me that those belgians were actually french? :)

WD> As for his statues, you are running behind. Several have already been
WD> removed or with displays to put everything in the right context.
WD> Streetnames bearing his name have been altered or are in the process
WD> of being altered.

"In 2010, former Belgian foreign minister Louis Michel and the father of future prime minister Charles Michel, called Leopold "a hero with ambitions for a small country like Belgium".(c)wiki

So do you think that this Louis Michel is also french? Well, he speaks french, his son looks very much like french, probably no belgians involved again! They are busy with removing statues, they had not enough time for that! Only 100 years or so.

WD> First in a monarchy it is not done to "lift the crown", i.e. say
WD> something inappropriate about the monarch or demonstrate that the
WD> crown is lying or unfit. Your country one time was a monarchy and it
WD> was the same there.
WD> Second, in 1908 Leopold was forced to cede 'Congo Free State' to
WD> Belgium under political pressure and international outcry.

But it was a Belgian parlament who gave him all rights to control the colony.
It just took 23 years to reverse their decision.

And we killed our tsar Alexander II in 1881, BTW :) So he really got more punishment than Leopold who was ok during that era.

DP>> WD> BTW, way more people perished in the Gulags than in Congo.

DP>> Perfect whataboutism!

WD> I didn't start that ...

BTW, I don't know how much people died in Congo. Wiki says "~10 millions".
It's much more than in Gulag.

DP>> It was possible to stop this mess by negotating with A-H but no
DP>> one bothered, Russia wanted to start this war and it did so. And
DP>> lost more soldiers in that war than any other country.

WD> Hmmm ... pretty bad army then.

Comparing to which army? Belgian? :)

WD> BTW, are you aware Belgian military units fought alongside Russian
WD> units in the east during WW1 ?

Yes and Walloon legion thought against russian units in WW2 :)

WD> Pls define 'minor'?

"Brusilov offensive" was a deadliest WW1 operation by death toll. During 3 months Germany and Austria-Hungary lost 1,5 million soldiers (300 000 killed).
Belgium tried to fight very hard but your can't compare those numbers with German's invasion in 1914.

DP>> Do you think that Sonaca planes are much more well designed and do
DP>> not crash? :)

WD> What was that about ..."Perfect whataboutism" ?

If you think that it's easy to fly without crashing - then probably we need to ask Sonaca to hire you as a consultant ;)

Best regards,
             dp.

--- GoldED+/W64-MSVC 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: No rest for the wicked (2:5001/100.1)