Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 11043 из 12491 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Dmitry Protasoff                 2:5001/100.1       16 Nov 21 23:59:16
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        16 Nov 21 23:59:16
Тема : The richest people on this planet
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5001/100.1+61941ba7
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+04453725
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+0514461a
*** Answering a msg posted in area carbonArea (Carbon Area).

Hello, Ward!

Tuesday November 16 2021 01:00, you wrote to me:

DP>> But he wasn't killed.

WD> We do not know, we only have Ceasar's "De Bello Galico" and as you
WD> know history is written by those who have hanged heroes ... (I got
WD> that line from somewhere else).

Oh, I've got my own Fidonet archives and I've never killed anyone ;)

WD> So if he wasn't killed, you think Ambiorix still is alive?

May be he died during wild orgy? We don't know. It's just a fairy tale. We know almost nothing about that person.
And no one cares.

DP>> So you are telling me that those belgians were actually french? :)

WD> You are quoting too selectively and out of context.

So Belgians actually were involved in those crimes and were direcly responsible.

DP>> "In 2010, former Belgian foreign minister Louis Michel and the
DP>> father of future prime minister Charles Michel, called Leopold "a
DP>> hero with ambitions for a small country like Belgium".(c)wiki

WD> In 2010 Louis Michel was already senile and Charles Michel is now
WD> President of the European Council ... that was the bribe used to get
WD> him out of our system.

Looks like it's ok to call Leopold a hero in Belgium. That Louis Michel is doing great! :

"In addition to his committee assignments, Michel co-presided over the ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly which advises on the orientations of co-operation policies between the EU and its partners in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Pacific. He was also a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on LGBT Rights"(c)wiki

LGBT rights! Hm, may be Leopold was ok about LBGT rights, may be he only saw black people as subhumans..

DP>> But it was a Belgian parlament who gave him all rights to control
DP>> the colony.

WD> No, it was not a colony until Congo Free State was ceded to Belgium.
WD> Congo Free State was private property of Leopold granted to him by the
WD> participants of the 1884-1885 Berlin Conference, also known as the
WD> Congo Conference or West-Africa Conference. The participants were
WD> Germany, Austria-Hungary, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, United States,
WD> France, United Kingdom, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia,
WD> Sweden-Norway and the Ottoman Empire.

WD> Ahaaaaaa ... Russia ... 8-)

Yes, and Belgian parlament confirmed his rights to it.
I am just doing my homework ;)

"In 1885, Leopold's efforts to establish Belgian influence in the Congo Basin were awarded with the Etat Independant du Congo (CFS, Congo Free State). By a resolution passed in the Belgian parliament, Leopold became roi souverain, sovereign king, of the newly formed CFS, over which he enjoyed nearly absolute control. "

DP>> And we killed our tsar Alexander II in 1881, BTW :) So he really
DP>> got more punishment than Leopold who was ok during that era.

WD> There was a murder attempt on the life of Leopold plus you also killed

There were like 11 attempts to kill Alexander II. We call it "hunt for the emperor".
Looks like no one was really trying hard to kill Leopold :)

WD> Nicolas II ... at least we didn't declare Leopold a saint, as Russia
WD> did with Nicolas.

But Nicolas never forced anyone to cut people's arms because they were unable to produce enought rubber.
Even russian revolutionaries were often getting only exile as a punishment.
Leopold committed multiple crimes against a humanity, let him rot in hell.

DP>> BTW, I don't know how much people died in Congo. Wiki says "~10
DP>> millions".

WD> I have read some demographic studies concluding there were some 12
WD> million that died. It's guessing however as there were also massive
WD> numbers dying from the diseases the Europeans brought with them.

Come on! Africa has more deseases than Europe, it's not a story about american indians.
People were dying because of hunger, hard labour, etc..
They were slaves who were killed, tortued and mutilated because they were working not good enough.

DP>> WD> What was that about ..."Perfect whataboutism" ?

DP>> If you think that it's easy to fly without crashing - then
DP>> probably we need to ask Sonaca to hire you as a consultant ;)

WD> I prefer Stampe & Vertongen.

Nice planes! Never heard about them. Too bad they don't have toilets onboard.

Best regards,
             dp.

--- GoldED+/W64-MSVC 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: No rest for the wicked (2:5001/100.1)