Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 11047 из 12491 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Dmitry Protasoff                 2:5001/100.1       17 Nov 21 03:29:18
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        17 Nov 21 03:29:18
Тема : The richest people on this planet
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5001/100.1+619452dc
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+0514461a
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+14163f3e
*** Answering a msg posted in area carbonArea (Carbon Area).

Hello, Ward!

Wednesday November 17 2021 01:12, you wrote to me:

DP>> Oh, I've got my own Fidonet archives and I've never killed anyone
DP>> ;)

WD> ... yet ... 8-)

;)

DP>> WD> So if he wasn't killed, you think Ambiorix still is alive?

DP>> May be he died during wild orgy? We don't know. It's just a fairy
DP>> tale. We know almost nothing about that person. And no one cares.

WD> You wanted to know his name, you onviously care about Ambiorix.

I already forgot it. Is anyone in Belgium cries when they read history books about him?

DP>> "In 1885, Leopold's efforts to establish Belgian influence in the
DP>> Congo Basin were awarded with the Etat Independant du Congo (CFS,
DP>> Congo Free State). By a resolution passed in the Belgian
DP>> parliament, Leopold became roi souverain, sovereign king, of the
DP>> newly formed CFS, over which he enjoyed nearly absolute control. "

WD> Someone with a very vivid imagination wrote that. Remember, there's
WD> something for everyone on the internet.

So parlament wasn't involved, correct? I just checked thet fact and it looks like it was involved.
Hmm..

DP>> But Nicolas never forced anyone to cut people's arms because they
DP>> were unable to produce enought rubber.

WD> He probably did other things. I'm sure you will find a wiki about
WD> that.

He was, actually, a nice guy. Very much family oriented, but not ready for his job as a tsar.
Leopold was a perfect manager for Congo - because he cared only about his profit.
He died very rich, as a respected member of the belgium society.
Nicolas died as poor prisoner, with all his family killed.

DP>> Leopold committed multiple crimes against a humanity, let him rot
DP>> in hell.

WD> I'm not certain what you're trying to accomplish or prove ...

We are just having some small discussion about history of Belgium, thats all.
I was defending new generations who don't know exactly when WW1 ended ;)

WD> Leopold's role in the genocide that took place in the Congo is not
WD> disputed.

Great!

DP>> Nice planes! Never heard about them. Too bad they don't have
DP>> toilets onboard.

WD> Yes they do ... fly upside-down and let it all hell break loose ...
WD> gravity will do the rest ...

What if we are in space with no gravity? :)

Best regards,
             dp.

--- GoldED+/W64-MSVC 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: No rest for the wicked (2:5001/100.1)