Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 26 Apr 24 12:08:12, всего сообщений: 12490
= Сообщение: 11812 из 12490 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Andrew Kolchoogin                2:5020/290         25 Jul 22 12:05:50
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        25 Jul 22 12:05:50
Тема : The cruiser "Moskva"
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5020/290@Fidonet+62de63e3
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+1026354b
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
   Hello Ward!

22 Jul 22 11:49, you wrote to me:

AK>> WD> it's not even a war if you believe the Russian propaganda.
AK>> Unfortunately, it's not a war even if you don't believe.
WD> A rose, by any other name, still is a rose.
Any practicing lawyer will just laugh hearing this. :)

WD> With at least 15.000 Russian military killed and at least double that
WD> with arms or legs missing or having a falsetto voice because their
WD> testicles were shot off ... when does it become a war? That's not
WD> counting the thousands of victims on the Ukrainian side, both military
WD> and civilian...the latter makes it a war crime ... naturally, if you
WD> keep chanting there's no war then it isn't a war-crime either ...
WD> right?
You can name the things the way you want to, but don't be surprised finding yourself on a counter-consensus side. O.k, you can argue that UN, NATO and all others just are testicless to name the invasion of Russia to Ukraine as a war, but I bet the things are much more complicated.

WD> If there is something as "international law", then one must live up to
WD> it ... Russia under the present administration will never do that (nor
WD> will China nor the USA nor North-Korea just so you know you're in good
WD> company).
Russians have a nice byword: "All the division doesn't keep pace while camrade ensign does".

WD> Ukraine is a peaceful state and by invading it and starting a war
WD> against it the opposite is being achieved of what was intended.
WD> Ukraine is now driven into the arms of the EU and NATO, EU they would
WD> have achieved anyway in the long run but NATO doubtful.
Yes, and I hope that you are right -- but in my understanding there is a very high probability that US and EU much more interested in weakening *both* Russia and Ukraine rather than stop the invasion quick and obvious way just giving Ukraine enough ammo.
I don't believe in good faith, sorry.

WD> Plus Finland and Sweden will now also join NATO, without that war
WD> they'd remain neutral.
It has little sense in XXI century while any war is considered unlawful.

WD> My late father fought against (and killed) real-life Nazis. Claiming
WD> someone is a Nazi is a powerful accusation, for that one must
WD> understand the term "Nazi", it's not because Putin used the word that
WD> the intimidated uneducated masses have to accept it. When someone
WD> claims something as a fact without proof, then doubting it is a prime
WD> concern.
Russian TV is shizophrenic. Let's don't waste the time discussing what was spoken on it.

AK>> But Europe wants to live in warm houses, Germany wants to continue
AK>> running their chemical industry, and so on.
WD> There's a German expression for that "Wir schaffen es".
Ja, Ubung macht den Meister. :)

WD> There's gas coming from Norway, the Northsea fields, northern Africa,
WD> the USA. Even the Netherlands have their own fields.
There're many things that are practically doable, for example, space flights. But nearly all of them require time and money.

WD> Nuclear stations which were slated to close in 2025 will now stay
WD> functional for another 10 years at least with newones being discussed.
In my opinion, this is the only good thing Russian invasion has done for Europe.

WD> Putin and his gang have grossly underestimated the European resilience
WD> and the plan to capture Kyiv in 3 days ... well, it's day 155 now. If
WD> Russia indeed is such a fighting force as the population is made to
WD> believe Ukraine should have been crushed like 152 days ago.
That's true and false simultaneously: I think that bunker sitter had no estimates because he sees himself "higher than such a trifle to do any estimates".

WD> Keep paroting the propaganda, Andrew ... I know and understand you
WD> have to play this line otherwise heavy fines ansd/or imprisonment.
No comments. :)))

Andrew

--- GoldED+/BSD 1.1.5-b20180707-b20180707
* Origin: -= The Ultima Thule =- (2:5020/290)