Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 26 Apr 24 12:08:12, всего сообщений: 12490
= Сообщение: 183 из 12490 ======================================= ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Carol Shenkenberger              1:275/100          13 Nov 13 21:39:49
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        13 Nov 13 21:39:49
Тема : Re: Nodelist
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=4552.enet_sys@1:275/100+16e97fbd
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+e1033284
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/1120@fidonet+52849e66
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:250/1@fidonet+5284e38c
  Re: Re: Nodelist
  By: Ward Dossche to Carol Shenkenberger on Tue Nov 12 2013 09:14 am

CS>> Ah well.  Folks who just think ZC's are nodelist keepers haven't a
CS>> clue.

US> Exactly, especially in a multi-language multi-cultural environment.

Yeah, I am the only other one really faced with that dead dead on.  I was
lucky.  Z6 knew it right off the top that they had to have come common
language.  English even if broken worked for most (or at least one member of
every net).  Russian was the second most common the along the coastal areas.

US> For example ... there is a region that sends me their updates in
US> Facebook-attach messages. I could reject it and say "Use Fido-topology".

Wince. Maybe they do not know how to do better.  I have a node who randomly
'invites me to face book' despite being told close so 30 times that having my
email address doesn't mean to do thst. That they are to email me direct.  I'm
ok with using email for fidonet stuff. I'm not ok with reading though reams of
facebook posts on how your kid spit up on the dog to find the one fidonet note
buried in there. Sorry, wanna talk to ME? Then talk to me.

US> Heck, I could even kick both regions from the nodelist and be perfectly OK
US> as per P4. Some in Z2 would even pressure me to do so and I dread what
US> will happen when I resign.

I too dread what will happen if you resign.  I also dread if some of our
longest runing maler sites like Bob Seaborn leave.

A lot of people don't know te tech behind how it all happens. They do not know
how thin we are in any real way.

CS>> Grin, the only job of an IC is ...

US> An IC is not needed (anymore) in the current state of affairs.

I think I agree unless the ZCC wanted to have one, I think today it would to be
a to help out agreement on information transfer. Not totally a paper tiger, but
more a ZC assist to make a common connection that works.

Basically we can never have an IC again that works for us all, unless they are
all-zone ware.

Thats pretty hard to do.

In today's market, I'd expect an IC to step in ONLY when 2 ZC's had an issue
they could not resolve directly.  They would have to be trusted to see both
sides and be impartial.

CS>> My hats off to you Ward.
US> I didn't see thatone coming ... woww ... thank you. :-)

Grin, you earned it.

Do we need an IC? Only if the ZCC wants one would be my take.  In thar case if
they do, it has to be one multicultual  and used to dealing with many many
languages.

You have that. Snicker with me that i am a bit possibly better at how other
zones oprate inside that you are.  I'm just a a little feller now!

   xxcarol
.s
--- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS (1:275/100)