Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 26 Apr 24 12:08:12, всего сообщений: 12490
= Сообщение: 221 из 12490 ======================================= ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Carol Shenkenberger              1:275/100          19 Nov 13 20:02:11
Кому : Ulrich Schroeter                                    19 Nov 13 20:02:11
Тема : Nodelist
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=4593.enet_sys@1:275/100+16f15204
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/1120@fidonet+52849e66
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
  Re: Nodelist
  By: Ulrich Schroeter to Carol Shenkenberger on Thu Nov 14 2013 09:38 am

US>>> An IC is not needed (anymore) in the current state of affairs.
CS>> I think I agree unless the ZCC wanted to have one, I think today it
CS>> Basically we can never have an IC again that works for us all,
CS>> unless they are all-zone ware.

CS>> Thats pretty hard to do.

CS>> In today's market, I'd expect an IC to step in ONLY when 2 ZC's had
CS>> an issue they could not resolve directly.  They would have to be
CS>> trusted to see both sides and be impartial.

US> the handling of disputes is layed into the *C structure by policy,
US> this works upto the ZC level. But what in a case, a dispute arises between
US> two ZC's ? here is a fallback option -> IC
US> But as like in every dispute, why not first try to get an answer by
US> yourself? Talk together, communicate, and an case there is no answer,
US> request assistance by the next higher level ... ZC's? -> search for
US> someone who is able to mediate :)

Exactly.  As we have 3 active ZC's now, this is not so much of an issue i
think.

In today's envorinment, listing any of the standing ZC's to IC would actually
CAUSE a problem that doesn't exist.  There is too much disparity in style and
sizes to make it really work. As a result, we are probably best leaving it well
enough alone.
   xxcarol
--- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS (1:275/100)