Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 03 May 24 12:02:39, всего сообщений: 12492
= Сообщение: 10772 из 12492 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Carol Shenkenberger              1:275/100          15 May 21 16:51:23
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        15 May 21 16:51:23
Тема : Re: Zone2 daily input-files and generation report
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=9280.enet_sys@1:275/100+25058e8b
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+14074154
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
  Re: Re: Zone2 daily input-files and generation report
  By: Ward Dossche to Andrew Leary on Wed May 12 2021 04:09 pm

> Andrew,
>
> AL> Is his RC still running MakeNL manually, and not from an event batch
> AL> file?
>
> I have no clue but as he raises such a stink about it, my guess is it's a
> hand-job. I know about several ZC's even, past _and_ presnt, who do/did it b
> hand.
>
> As for RCs, one even used the "copy" command to string Host-segments togethe
> to generate a region-file.
>
> One sent me a region-segment via Whatsapp. Anotherone via Messenger. Another
> it was email-attach. The easy comment is to "Fire that incompetent and put
> someone else there", the challenge at times is there is no-one better. These
> colourful people are now not in the RC-position anymore.
>
> Then again, there are some pretty competent people too.
>
> AL> I've seen some of that myself.  It says something when a ZC has to assum
> AL> the RC role also because none of the sysops in that region is
> AL> technically competent to fill that position.
>
> Yups ... it has happened several times already.
>
> Perhaps it's a reality of the future. Zone1 can still merge some regions and
> solve it that way, outhere that would be politically not evident in specific
> cases.
>
>  \%/@rd

LOL, guilty.  I was that ZC (unless there were others).  I had to keep it in
text and be able to update while at sea.  Wierd situation and if we could have
found anyone in Z6 capable, I'd have trained them instead.  Sadly the last one
was a fellow in the Philippenes and he lost interest, going newsgroups and
such.  Half my updates to ZSEGs were made while I was 'Beebopping to the beat
of the Bream' (tiny fish hitting the hull and I was below waterline fairly
outboard so you could hear them).

I suspect Z1 may merge some but nothing heard on it.  There are 2 regions that
have been problematic for many years now.

  xxcarol
--- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS (1:275/100)