Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 4890 из 7124 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Deon George                      3:633/509          07 Nov 19 12:38:07
Кому : Carol Shenkenberger                                 07 Nov 19 12:38:07
Тема : 2019 FTSC Standing Member Election - Time Frame
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1195.fdn_ftscpubl@3:633/509+2228b02a
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=7174.ftsc_pub@1:275/100+22289e71
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP437 ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:221/360+5dc4632a
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=7199.ftsc_pub@1:275/100+222f460e
  Re: 2019 FTSC Standing Member Election - Time Frame
  By: Carol Shenkenberger to Deon George on Wed Nov 06 2019 05:42 pm

CS> Hi Deon, Could you tell me a bit about yourself?  I see it's a little too early for nominations but that doesn't mean some others if they knew more about you, from recommending you to our RC's with a
CS> background on why.

Hi Carol,

I was a BBS sysop in the 90's for a couple of years, and while over the last 10 years I've often "reminisced" about it I only discovered that it actually still existed about 18 months ago. So I've been back online for the last 18 months or so.

While I actually like the technology and I think its pretty awesome what was achieved back in the day - I'd like to see it progress taking advantage of today's available technologies (while keeping the legacy aspect of it). I also like the fact, that is kinda working alongside today's world - without the invasion (of commerical ads, spam, etc).

As an example, I'm bringing back "videotex", but with ANSI, interBBS capable, so that a "network of BBSes" can be logically one large BBS, but still have its own personalisaiton on a part of it.

(If you know/knew videotex - it was "Interactive Teletex", "page" based where pages were owned by service providers. I'm enabling BBSes to own a page prefix, so if you connect to any videotex enabled BBS, you could see all pages from that single location. I'm dont know if others will want to use what I'm creating, but I'm having fun reliving it and creating it.)

Anyway, back to the topic - I know how to be a Hub, Host (was in the 90's for other networks, am today for other networks), I'm a nerd, I like solving problems with technical solutions. I can code, and have provided (not many) fixes and found problems in various BBS programs (MBSE, Synchronet mainly).

So why am I putting my hat in to join the FTSC? I like to understand things from many angles before coming up with enhancements/improvements or another way of doing things. I dont know the FTSC, but I'm enjoying this technology and I would like to see it live on. I also know its a dying art, but at the moment I'm enthusiastic, so I'm keen to learn and help.
...δεσπ

... Typographers rule, OQ
--- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
* Origin: Alterant | An SBBS in Docker on Pi! (3:633/509)