Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 163 из 7124 ======================================= FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Dallas Hinton                    1:153/715          10 Nov 13 16:12:32
Кому : Wilfred van Velzen                                  10 Nov 13 16:12:32
Тема : Questions for the candidates
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:153/715.0+27ff66c2
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:280/464+527f7611
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:292/854+e1029559
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:280/464+52808fe5
Hi Wilfred -- on Nov 10 2013 at 12:56, you wrote:

WvV> 1) What are your reasons to join the FTSC or stay in the FTSC if
WvV> you currently already are a member?

I've done a number of jobs in FidoNet, and (of course) have always known about the FTSC. I've never had much to do with the FTSC operations but have from time to time grumbled about some of the clumsy language. I believe that as a retired teacher (among other things!) I can contribute some clarity of writing while learning more about the inner workings of the FTSC.

WvV> 2) What are your credentials and what is your history in fidonet
WvV> and real live, that makes you a valuable member of the FTSC?

I started my first BBS in 1988 on an Atari 130XE, and joined FidoNet in the same year. I switched to PCs and Maximus/Binkley and my multi-line BBS (The BandMaster) is still running today (telnet bandmaster.tzo.com). I spent 10 years teaching computer science, various programming languages, and network technology at Secondary school, as well as running my own computer consulting company and teaching at university. I've served at different times as NC, RC, and REC of our (at one time very large) net (1:153). I worked on the documentation team for Maximus 3.x and wrote large pieces of that documentation manual. I also write and/or edit much of the manual for GRBackPro (currently available Windows backup software orginating in Italy).

WvV> 3) Or more specific, what makes you a good documenter of current
WvV> practice? And what experience do you have with creating WvV>
documentation?

Apart from the above mentioned experience, I've 20 years of experience herding cats///// teaching secondary school, and a similar amount as a
*C. My teaching qualifcations and experience include music, computers, English language (both grammar and literature), as well as a few other bits and pieces (Judo, Aikido, music performance as a professional player, running my own company, and so on).

WvV> 4) What contributions to the documentation do you intend to make
WvV> once you are chosen into the FTSC?

I can't give you an intelligent answer, as I don't know how I will be able to fit into the group. There are some very experienced people there and I would expect they would have some ideas as to what they'd like me to take on. I'm open to input! In general, however, I hope to help the FTSC create clear, understandable, and coherent documents (I should note that I work only in English - I'm monolingually challenged!).

Cheers... Dallas

--- timEd/386 1.10.y2k+
* Origin: The BandMaster, CANADA [telnet: bandmaster.tzo.com] (1:153/715)