Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 4776 из 7124 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Sean Dennis                      1:18/200           29 Jun 19 12:03:19
Кому : mark lewis                                          29 Jun 19 12:03:19
Тема : As an aside
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:18/200@fidonet+56318064
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP437 ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:320/219@fidonet+5d186fb3
-=> mark lewis wrote to Alexey Vissarionov <=-

As an aside to the main subject of this thread:

ml> obviously you've not tried to get the attention of some Mystic BBS
ml> operators who are running with a default binkp server setting requiring
ml> secure mailer sessions...

I recently discovered MBSE does that by default too.  I specifically have to
run MBSE's mailer twice each mail run: once to toss the secure, the second
to toss the insecure.  Much to my surprise and dismay, I had over 100
netmails I never knew existed come flooding into my system.  Suffice to say
that I made sure that my BBS takes in -all- mail now and lets me decide to
what to do with it.

Over in Micronet, if we have problems with a system, we attempt three times
to contact them.  I'll email and voice call the sysop personally.  No
response?  They get dropped from the network without notice.  Now this
pattern of behavior on my part is codified in the network policy so they
know what they're getting into but thankfully, in over 19 years, we've only
had a handful of nodes disappear like that.

But it is a problem these days with the multi-link topology and the general
lack of care from newer sysops about actually following common sense and
courtesy when obtaining a Fidonet feed.

The more something changes, the more it stays the same.

Later,
Sean

--- MultiMail/Win
* Origin: Outpost BBS * Limestone, TN, USA (1:18/200)