Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 449 из 7124 ======================================= FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Janis Kracht                     1:261/38           22 Nov 13 11:35:22
Кому : Election Coordinator                                22 Nov 13 11:35:22
Тема : vote
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:261/38+9bf3abd4
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Hello Election Coordinator,

I'm copying this message to Kees to you as well.
=====
Hello Kees!

>> He did only vote once.. his latest vote was the one he wants you to use.
>> One can see the errors in the others he posted that he wants to throw
>> away.

>> Please don't be like the voter-restrictive agents apparent in the U.S.!
>> (smile to Ross <g>)

> Please check on the sentiments on both sides, when Bjorn politely asked if
> he could recast his vote in the FTSC elections of November 2010.
> It may refresh your recollection of the past.

Yes I do remember this: Bjoern then withdrew his request.. meanwhile, Ross, myself, Bob, and Mark disagreed with Bjoern, and felt Bjoern should not be able to change his vote.

This was at a time when Michiel was the chair of the FTSC, not at the time before Michiel took the seat, which is what Ross and I, and some others have been discussing with you here this week, where the last vote cast is the vote that was counted.

I also remember during the incident that you refer to above, that Michiel himself said:

MVDV> Hmmm... I don't know. There is no provision in the rules for changing a
MVDV> vote thais already cast. OTOH, the rules do not forbid it either. I lean
MVDV> towards allowing it, but only if there are no serious objections from
MVDV> the constituency. It will set a precedent either way. So let me sleep
MVDV> on it. Cheers, Michiel

If it was good enough to go with with the constituency in November, 2010, it should be good enough to go with now.

No one is asking for people to be able to vote more than once.  What people are asking for is a return to methods of casting ballots from pre-Michiel, where the last vote cast is the one that is counted.

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)