Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 83 из 7124 ======================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : mark lewis                       1:3634/12.71       23 Oct 13 13:08:09
Кому : Nick Andre                                          23 Oct 13 13:08:09
Тема : FTSC Nominations
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:3634/12.71+268047c0
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:132/174+52696f8e

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013, Nick Andre wrote to Mark Lewis:

ML>  NA> Very rare. The published standards are fairly straightforward.
ML>
ML> really? then why does one have to test implementations against
ML> other softwa
ML> to see how it/they work so they can be duplicated... even if those
ML> implementations are not to the spec being followed? this does introduce

NA> Either the FTSC is not doing its job by publishing CLEAR standards,

possibly but that's up to the chairperson and the members, isn't it?

NA> or the  programmer is expecting the FTSC to babysit his product,

doubtful...

NA> or certain elected  FTSC members feel the need to be Mother Teresa.

doubtful...

ML> i'm aware of at least two products which should have a PID
ML> assigned so tha
ML> other software that processes based on the PID in the PKT don't
ML> screw thing
ML> up... this situation was brought up recently in a developing
ML> package's supp

NA> Sigh, more of your typical drama-stirring and ignorance. Name me
NA> one software that screws up from an invalid PID or from being
NA> presented an invalid PID.

i don't know what the product is... uli reported it recently... and we're not talking about the PID control line... we're talking about the product id inside a PKT file... i know of at least one product that alters its processing based on the PKT PID byte(s) and evidently there are others... uli's report said that whatever software was used was being confused by the 00FE, 00FF, FEFE, or FFFF product id bytes in PKTs and was unable to properly load information it was expecting from the PKT header...

ML> there are documents, now, that are "expired" because a FTSC has
ML> not reviewe
ML> them and updated them or at least altered their expiration date...
ML> this typ

NA> Then the FTSC is totally completely useless as it is, not doing its
NA> job and should be disbanded or greatly reduced as I suggested.

this is part of the task of the chairman, isn't it? the size of the FTSC has nothing to do with what the FTSC does... leadership is a big part, too...

ML>  NA> I will reiterate what Michiel has stated - Anyone looking to join
ML>  NA> the FTSC in  hopes of resurrecting our hobbby into the next
ML>  NA> Facebook should think twice.
ML>
ML> it is not about ressurection... it is about doing the job of the
ML> FTSC and t
ML> actively assist when asked or to offer assistance when problems
ML> are seen...

NA> What part of the FTSC is not to be babysitting other programmer's
NA> software or  offering unlimited free technical support do you not
NA> understand?

the FTSC does not babysit other programmers' software... the FTSC does not offer unlimited free technical support, either... who said they did?

NA> What is it  about directing programmers to the NET_DEV echo that
NA> is far over your head?

it is not over my head and i've pointed to the NET_DEV many times over the years...

isn't this period about the elections?

)\/(ark

--- FMail/Win32 1.60
* Origin:  (1:3634/12.71)