Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 247 из 7124 ======================================= FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : mark lewis                       1:3634/12.71       17 Nov 13 10:15:47
Кому : Joe Delahaye                                        17 Nov 13 10:15:47
Тема : Questions for the candidates
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:3634/12.71+288df020
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=14278.ftsc_pub@1:249/303+16ed9c4d
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
On Sat, 16 Nov 2013, Joe Delahaye wrote to mark lewis:

ML> my use of "electronically" above was only related to the tally of
ML> the ballots... i don't know how those numbers are sent to the
ML> central vote collector... i believe that they are read from the
ML> machine at the end of the voting period and then verbally confered
ML> to the central collector or sent via some electronic means like
ML> email... the numbers tallied by the machine are confirmed by a
ML> manual counting of the ballots in case of a recount...

JD> Am I then mistaken in thinking that your state does electronic
JD> voting using those voting machines that apparently can be hacked
JD> with ease?

yes, you are mistaken... i stated that we mark the ballot to fill in the circle like is done in some school tests (eg: SATs)... when i first took these types of tests, we had to use a #2 pencil but these days we can use black or blue ink as well as #2 pencil...

JD> If not is it like the old Florida type ballot with 'hanging tabs'
JD> or whatever they called them.  I was there for that election <G>

hanging chad... no... those are where you punch a hole as one does with a hole punch to put paper in a ring binder...

ML> what is "it"? the ballot is not ignored here... only the errant
ML> marking... if it doesn't reside inside the circle, there's nothing
ML> for the machine to detect... the machines align the ballot by
ML> special registration marks and then count from there...

JD> Thus the ballot is ignored if there is no proper marking.
JD> Meaning, it is not counted.

only if the circle is not filled in and then only that entry is "ignored"... not the whole ballot...

ML> i think you misunderstood my comment about what was ignored ;)

JD> Perhaps not.  In any case this has gone further then I intended, so
JD> I will stop at this point, so we can get back on topic for THIS
JD> echo.

yeah, ya did misunderstand but that's ok... i agree with you on the topicality aspect, too, now that i realize that this is in FTSC_PUBLIC and not another area where i thought it was... my apologies to the moderator and other participants...

EOT

)\/(ark

--- FMail/Win32 1.60
* Origin:  (1:3634/12.71)