Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 2283 из 7124 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : mark lewis                       1:3634/12.73       29 Jan 17 20:01:10
Кому : Nicholas Boel                                       29 Jan 17 20:01:10
Тема : FSP-1040.001 Draft #3
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:3634/12.73+588e928a
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:154/10+588e7ea3
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP437 ==================================

 On 2017 Jan 29 17:39:16, you wrote to me:

NB>>> Yes. FTS-0001 is wrong in this regard. So since I'm supposed to
NB>>> reference FTS-0001, I did.

ml>> where does it say that you are supposed to do that?? just like
ml>> expiration tags on your toes, there's nothing in the FTSC that says
ml>> you have to reference FTS-0001... this document is a clarification of
ml>> all three packets and how their data is different... if stephen has
ml>> his document completed with the last round of adjustments, perhaps
ml>> you could get that from him and present it instead of wading into all
ml>> of this again and changing it from what he had done with all of his
ml>> work on it...

NB> I was just told by three people in this echo that I should, and that
NB> ABNF should not be used at all.

where were they when this was originally posted? you have to remember, too, that some are much too fido-centric for their own good...

NB> I posted his latest (which was the FIRST draft #3 posted in this echo)

i thought we had worked on draft 3 and he went back to finalize it and post one more... that's my understanding... your post in another area said that he did post it but apparently it didn't make it past his feed... sadly, that's a known problem but certainly it shouldn't stop that 4th draft from being presented...

NB> with all the fixes you and him worked on a year ago. Once I posted it
NB> all the ABNF referencing became confusing to a few people in this echo
NB> and they all suggested referencing FTS-0001 instead.

everything in that 4th draft should be ok... what you have now is folks playing games and pulling strings... be careful of the koolaid, too...

NB>>> I don't suppose I can change this proposal to reflect anything else
NB>>> until FTS-0001 is corrected, then?

ml>> since randy bush has refused to give up his copyright on FTS-0001, it
ml>> won't ever be updated but that doesn't mean that other documentation
ml>> has to also be wrong... hell, look at what FSC-0048 does to
ml>> FSC-0039... there are other similar documents that also give hints
ml>> and perspectives on ways to work with different documents that may
ml>> appear to have conflicting information...

NB> That sure as hell didn't seem to be possible here in this echo. Even
NB> the FTSC coordinator gave me said advice I mentioned above. *shrug*

you have to take things with a grain of salt/sugar at times... remember, too, there is no coordinator... there is a chairperson but they hold no authority other than being the interface between the FTSC and the public...

NB> I still have the original document here, unmodified. Draft #4 could
NB> easily be deleted, but it doesn't seem like a few here would accept
NB> the original (one of them being the FTSC chair and the host of the
NB> document website).

NB> So what do you do then?

the FTSC is not ruled by one person... the members cast votes after discussion... i'm not going to tell you what to do but if it were me, i'd try to get stephen's last draft that didn't make it past his connection and go with that regardless of other's preferences... especially when they didn't participate originally or if they did, their input was rejected by stephen for one reason or another... maybe you really should see if you can find an archive of the traffic from that time and read over everything just to make sure you are on the same wavelength that stephen was on as well as those working with him...

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey
Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong...
... Home of left coast, pot smoking, crystal worshipping ravers & witches.
---
* Origin:  (1:3634/12.73)