Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 4800 из 7124 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : mark lewis                       1:3634/12.73       04 Jul 19 20:32:12
Кому : Maurice Kinal                                       04 Jul 19 20:32:12
Тема : not all is lost but far too much for far too long
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:3634/12.73+5d1e9dc3
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:153/7001.2989+5d1e8ab6
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP437 ==================================

 On 2019 Jul 04 23:24:38, you wrote to me:

ml>> the mechanism is the *Cs

MK> So I brought this up in the wrong echo?

i dunno... it was easier where there was an IC...

MK> This seems like the place for thes issues.

the FTSC was the proper place and it would pass the word to the IC who then sent down the notice to the ZCs who sent it to the RCs who sent it to the NCs who contacted the nodes with the problematic software...

ml>> i don't have a clue what you're speaking of

MK> I was just responding to the line that says, "getting that mechanism into
MK> operation like used to be done is a little harder to do these days for some
MK> reason".  It sounded like a "back in the good ol' days" type of thing.
MK> Sorry if I read that wrong.

oh... the lack of an IC has hampered numerous things in fidonet... sure the ZCC looks to be able to do the same tasks but getting edicts handed down might be troublesome...

ml>> we have to find exactly which software it is causing it

MK> Good idea.

the hard part will be getting hold of those operators and getting them to backlevel until a fix is out... some of them set their systems up and they run unattended except for maybe once a month or so when the operator decides to look in on it... by then they could be out of the nodelist and not even know it since a lot of the newer software doesn't even require a nodelist to operate...

i seem to be tagging at least one or two operators a week who's systems have gone TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance) for several days... when my outbound is approaching 2000+ PKTs for one system, i start to get real antsy... i can see it pretty easily since i have a bash script that monitors my BSO and checks the flo files' contents for a count and date/time of the oldest file listed...

)\/(ark

And to this end they built themselves a stupendous super-computer which was
so amazingly intelligent that even before its data banks had been connected
up it had started from "I think therefore I am" and got as far as deducing
the existence of rice pudding and income tax before anyone managed to turn
it off.
... Press to test. <click> Release to detonate...
---
* Origin:  (1:3634/12.73)