Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 5915 из 7124 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Tim Schattkowsky                 2:240/1120.29      24 Jan 22 21:16:46
Кому : Alexey Vissarionov                                  24 Jan 22 21:16:46
Тема : Re: 2022 FTSC Standing Member Election - Call for Nominations
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:240/1120.29+25760601
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:5020/545+61ede330
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
//Hello Alexey,//

on *23.01.22* at *23:22:22* You wrote in rea *FTSC_PUBLIC*
to *Oli* about *"2022 FTSC Standing Member Election - Call for Nominations"*.

Good point ;) After seeing the call I for a second considered dropping my name in before reading that part and returning to sanity.

AV> To be honest, more than a half of today's FTSC are mentally impaired.

Oh it really seems I do qualify ;)

Ol>> What if, if a point has that experience?
AV> So why that point doesn't run a node yet?

Because that clever point may not enjoy to go through the configuration of a node system puzzled together from at more than half a dozen pieces of legacy software to get ... well ... at least no added value compared to using the pont software he or she already has ;) Back in the days, some nodes where in fact also running point software for the added comfort.

AV> They are welcome to run a node. That's really simple, especially for
AV> really experienced people,

Sure, but why bother. Raising the bar on a job that means basically just work. Not to offend anyone, but standardization work itself is just painful and FTSC is nowadays not something that gets you to the edge of technology or even respect from your colleagues. Actually it might be better not to tell them at all to avoid the jokes.

AV> That's a flaw in the election process: idiots do sneak in, and nothing
AV> can serve as a barrier for that.

Always. Anyplace. Any election. But as I tend to say: democracy sometimes means that the majority of people get the government they DESERVE :)

Ol>> Why are points that are actively involved in FTN software / projects /
Ol>> technology excluded?
AV> Involved? Where?

Here for example.

AV> Actually I look only at R50 (and friendly regions like R40, R45 and R46),
AV> but here we have a properly functioning "ladder" raising people from BBS
AV> user to point, from point to a node etc.

[There is something in me wanting to joke here. Me must resist.]

AV> The FTSC is for the software developers.

Finally you get to the point. So why is this not reflected in the requirements?

Ol>> But that doesn't matter anyway. The FTSC is still dead and the election
Ol>> process is a farce.

This is actually a serious. Without people willing to actually advance the technology (both in terms of standards and implementation), this is just about managing typos.

Regards,
Tim
--- WinPoint 395.1
* Origin: Original WinPoint Origin! (2:240/1120.29)