Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 5148 из 7124 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Joachim Probst                   2:240/6309         07 Mar 20 11:16:22
Кому : Ozz Nixon                                           07 Mar 20 11:16:22
Тема : Two changes to BinkP inquiry...
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:240/6309+5e6374fe
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:1/123.0+5E62CF02
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN1 =================================
Hello Ozz!

06 Mar 20 22:35, you wrote to me:

>> Nice idea, like that part, but I do not see the necessaty of a
>> protocol change. FTS does not request that you show all addresses you
>> have. It just requests that the originating side does not wait for
>> any response before sending M_PWD and that for password checking all
>> presented addresses (by the originating side, no other makes sense)
>> are using the same password, if any.
>>
>> The originating side could just present the networks it wants to
>> present (hiding akas is already sugested in the FTS for the purpose
>> of working with different passwords on different akas). If the
>> answering side only presents 'public' akas and akas fitting to those
>> presented by the originating side, I do not see any violence of the
>> current binkp protocol and can see no harm to the network, too. Maybe
>> I am overlooking something?

ON> * Okay, it may not be a protocol improvement ~ however, as you see, it
ON> introduces a little layer of security ~ which they want to achieve.
ON> However, if it was mentioned in the specification that you do not have
ON> to present all of your addresses (to me AKAs is wrong wording) you
ON> could simply reply wiht the matching zones ~ so M_PWD can proceed as
ON> planned. And a snoopy nose does not see, oh, he's a member of 666
ON> network.

So, we just told the same. And I do not see, where it is a change in protocol. As origin and answering side are not doing anything with akas they can not match, it is no problem not presenting these akas. That means, we do not have a change in protocol, but only a more sofisticated handling of akas by the software. I like it. I would not have a use case for that upto now, but I like it.

ON> Ozz

Joachim

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5--b20170303
* Origin:  ----> FidoPI  (2:240/6309)