Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 28 Mar 24 23:05:28, всего сообщений: 7113
= Сообщение: 4704 из 7113 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Henri Derksen                    2:280/1208         20 Apr 19 21:16:00
Кому : Wilfred van Velzen                                  20 Apr 19 21:16:00
Тема : The mystery of mark's empty lines.
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+370b9c72
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:280/464+5cba41c4
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Hello Wilfred,

WvV> I don't know if there is a ftsc document that states this specifically.

I have seen such a clause somewhere too.

WvV> But it seems common sense to me, that the text part of a message
WvV> shouldn't be changed while it is intransit, because that is not how the
WvV> author of the message intended it to be and it could in a worse case
WvV> scenario change the meaning of the text.

Exactly.

WvV> What if a mailman opened letters and fixed spelling errors?
WvV> He would argue he was providing a service,
WvV> but I don't think the sender and recipient would agree. ;)

I have heard one occasion where that realy took place.
It was the pressman who had to press a manual, and the errors were placed in the paragraph discussing the working of the spelling checker.
So that errors were mandatory necessarry for the user to show how to handle.
It indeed totally changed the function of this explicitly made errors,
and the correction of the pressman was absolutely not appreciated ;-(.
So he had to do the press of that software manual again with the orignal errorfull text, and of course without extra charge.

The other phenomenon I know of was to make explicitly an error in sending morse codes after 14 letters transmitted, so the receiver could detect the sender was arrested by the other militair party, i.e. during WO II.

So sometimes the right place of errors can be very important.
It shows unexpected information too ;-).

Henri.

---
* Origin: Connectivity is the Future; UniCorn BBS 31 26 4425506 (2:280/1208)