Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 243 из 7124 ======================================= FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Henri Derksen                    2:280/1208         16 Nov 13 16:08:00
Кому : Alexey Vissarionov                                  16 Nov 13 16:08:00
Тема : Dupes.
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+a00dcb6f
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:5020/545+5285c333
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=3:640/384+074c5120
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:5020/545+528f0d76
Hello Alexey,

AV> Good ${greeting_time}, Wilfred!

Why is that variable not filled in?

AV> 1. Set up an additional link between 280/464 and 5020/545
WV> I would like that anyway! ;)
AV> You are welcome.
AV> For solution #1, my GPG key is
AV> 8832FE9FA791F7968AC96E4E909DAC45EF3B1FA8
WV> Why do we need gpg to exchange echomail?
AV> That's needed for transmitting the session password via routed netmail.
AV> However, I can use direct connection for that purpose...

Someone can also fake your Node and name,
and poll a system looks like if it were you who was calling.
Not easy, but it can be done almost perfectly.
Thats why PGP or GPG is also usefull to show identity, not only privacy.
There are 4 keys needed, public and private keys from the sender,
AND public and private keys from the receiver.
Only the public keys are openly retreiveable/seeable for everyone.
The private keys are only known by their respectively owners.
So never give your private PGP key away, not even to the police or FBI!
And if they torture you, give them a false one ;-).
You have to handle it in the same way like your PIN code for a bank pass.
The sender encripts the message with his private PGP key
AND the public PGP key of the receiver!
The receiver can decript the message by your public key AND his private key.
So no one else than the sender or receiver can read the contents of the
message, given that you both understand the used language (Englisch?)
(that could also be cryptic ;-).

I have here a software solution for Acorn and 32 bit RISC OS computers
to simulate/emulate a German hardware Enigma crypting machine as used in WWII.
The RISC OS version was written by Paul Reuvers on an Acorn RiscPC and later on
continued on the Iyonix PC and many other 26/32 bits RISC OS machines.
It's working principle is very well documented and even works live via RS232
and modems.
Or send the resulting crypted message(s) and the keys by a save way,
via FidoNet nodes with a ENC flag in the NodeList for instance, or a facsimile.
My UniCorn BBS for instance handles both ENC messages and faxes.
It is a pity no FAX flag is used in the nodelist anymore ;-(.
Very seldom my BBS hangs, with the ZyXEL fax software still working.
A fax can be an alternative for private netmail, also because it can transport
graphic images, such as a signing, photo or schematic for instance.
TeleFAX at FidoNet nodes is still current practise here and on more nodes,
so perfectly usefull for the FTSC to document, if not done already? ;-).
I can (manually) convert recevied faxes to a *.pcx file for further transport.
There are also Enigma versions for Windows and Linux, see Google or WikiPedia.
Question: Is there a difference between POTS and VoIP in case of privacy?
Ahum... Why does the NSA come to my mind?
And no, I do not trust the Dutch tax instance and other governmental units
with their DigID.
I still do that by paper and not digital.

For reference;
The old link from the RISC OS !Engima Application programme:
http://www.xat.nl/enigma/sim>
Is now rerouted to:
<http://www.cryptomuseum.com/crypto/enigma/sim/riscos.htm>

Good luck and much pleasure with it.
Continue the Engima part of this subject in FN_SYSOP,
wich I read every day, and write sometimes.
The FAX flag can be a subject here.
Greetings from:

Henri Derksen, SysOp UniCorn BBS, +31-(0)26 4425506 also for fascimile (FAX).
Universal for all Acorn and/or RISC OS c0mputers in 6811 JW   Arnhem.gld.nl
at 2:280/1208.1 @ FidoNet and 77:8500/504.1 @ AcoNet; EcoNet, EtherNet,
and of course also InterNet: <http://www.unicornbbs.demon.nl> ;-).

---
* Origin: Connectivity is the Future; UniCorn BBS 31 26 4425506 (2:280/1208)