Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 6110 из 7124 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Wilfred van Velzen               2:280/464          19 Feb 22 16:30:40
Кому : Andrew Leary                                        19 Feb 22 16:30:40
Тема : Re: 2022 FTSC Standing Member Election - Eligibility of Tim Schattkowsk
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:280/464+621110ec
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:320/219@fidonet+6210e0ef
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: UTF-8 ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=31574.ftsc_pub@1:103/705+267707d5
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:18/200@fidonet+62113365

Hi Andrew,

On 2022-02-19 07:14:06, you wrote to All:

AL> For years there has been a shortage of qualified candidates for the
AL> FTSC. There are several reasons for this, technical, political, and
AL> personal.

AL> At this time, we can no longer afford to turn away qualified candidates who
AL> have expressed a willingness to serve on technicalities.

AL> 1.  Tim is actively involved in FidoNet.
AL> 2.  Tim is a developer of FidoNet compatible software which is even now
AL> being actively maintained and updated. 3.  Tim can be reached via NetMail
AL> sent to the listed address.

AL> As FTSC Administrator & Election Coordinator, I have accepted Tim's
AL> nomination.

I don't mind Tim becoming a FTSC member. I think he could be a valued member.

I do mind you setting the precedent the rules don't matter, because you do what you want anyway, when it suits you. That's how they do things in failed countries.

AL> Anyone who objects to his inclusion in the candidates is welcome to
AL> encourage their RC to vote "No" when the time comes.

That's not how it works! The elections will be invalid as a whole, because the rules weren't followed. If I where Tim I wouldn't want to be elected this way, because there always be this "bad smell" to his membership... It would be better if he would withdraw his candidacy, and run next year, when there would be plenty of time to do things the right way. It's not like there will be happening shocking things in the next year regarding the FTSC, that he would miss because of his delayed membership...

Bye, Wilfred.

--- FMail-lnx64 2.1.0.18-B20170815
* Origin: FMail development HQ (2:280/464)