Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 5005 из 7124 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         03 Dec 19 14:12:32
Кому : Alan Ianson                                         03 Dec 19 14:12:32
Тема : 2019 FTSC Standing Member Election - Nominations Status
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:280/5555+5de65f41
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:153/757+5de5ab23
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: UTF-8 ==================================
Hello Alan,

On Monday December 02 2019 16:13, you wrote to me:

MV>> I say the signal is clear.

AI> What signal?

None of the members who's term expires having ambition for another term? The FTSC's number of members dropping below the required minimum tomorrow?

MV>> The FTSC is brain dead.

AI> That is just insulting to the FTSC members.

Just saying it as I see it. It was meant to describe the FTSC as a whole, not individual members.

But now that you mention it: Four of the six members that do not have their term expire tomorrow should never have been in the FTSC to begin with. See my Fidonews article of 25 March this year titled "Why R28 did not vote".

MV>> Let's stop flogging a dead horse. Time to face reality. Time to
MV>> close shop.

AI> You chose to step down and another administrator has been chosen. I
AI> think the FTSC has good strong leadership and can continue to document
AI> current practice.

Documenting current practise has been demonstrated to be an exercise in futility.

AI> We are not going to change the world. We were never going to change
AI> the world but why should the FTSC just close up shop? I see no reason
AI> for that.

AI> You served the FTSC very well during your years as administrator and
AI> did Fidonet a fine service.

Thank you. But I am afraid I failed in protecting the FSTC and Fidonet from the political games played by the top. The FTSC is a toothless tiger and I failed in doing something about it.

AI> I think you did your part. Why step on it now?

I am not stepping on it. I am just facing reality as I see it.

* Origin: http://www.vlist.org (2:280/5555)