Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 4992 из 7124 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Ward Dossche                     2:292/854          02 Dec 19 17:40:30
Кому : Oli                                                 02 Dec 19 17:40:30
Тема : Re: 2019 FTSC Standing Member Election - Nominations Status
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:292/854+10361257
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:280/464.47+5de51106
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Oli,

I was waiting for you to chime in ...

O> Who cares if there are 6 or 7 members? What difference does it make?

Rules have been invented in the past by people believing these were good rules. I didn't come up with 6 or 7 or 3 or 12 or whatever.

O> What did you expect? You comment the resignation of a member with
O> "another one bites the dust".

Yes, and I was being very friendly even when putting it that way.

Sean Dennis was announcing that he was the fall-back ZC1, the #2 at the controls claiming to people outside of Fidonet to possess knowledge that I had agreed to kick Bjorn Felten out of the nodelist, just like that. And I gave him my opinion, unsalted (I hope you read this Bjorn and remember it next time when you're hinting that I'm planning to remove you) where-upon the man announced he was packing up and leaving. He announced this more than once before and I still wait to see it happen.

I not only welcome his resignation from the FTSC, where he was absolutely useless and only became elected during the last convulsions of the zone warz, but also to his disappearance from the nodelist <period>.

O> You couldn't resist to be the first to piss
O> over the first (and only) candidate who showed up.

The election format states that ...

  "To be selected as a FTSC member, an individual must be a Fidonet
  node, and should be actively involved in Fidonet. Examples include
  having put out a Fidonet-related product or having updated a product
  in the preceding two years, or having experience as a Coordinator,
  Echomail Coordinator or mail or file Hub."

I would say that my question(s) (and Alexei Vissarionov's) is/are warranted by the fact that Deon, without inferring anything about the person, has been active in Fidonet:

  Apr.16 1993 > Sept.16 1994 ... a whopping 17 months
  Aug.22 2018 > Now ............ a whopping 15 months

No trace of experience as a coordinator, nor as an echomail coordinator, nor as a file-hub.

I read something exciting though about videotex, which is a technology in my mind long abandoned, but sounds exciting enough, as I slightly worked on it while still gainfully employed by our telco, to learn what the plan is ... although it makes me think more of a BBS than a Fidonet-node.

Just for you ... this is what I wrote that you are procastinating about ...

My concern is we do not need another person seeking a title or thinking it is important to have zonal representation ... there are absolutely incompetent people already in the FTSC. So if you qualify technically, I am eager to find out.

Pls read "I am eager to find out" ...

The chances of getting one's feet wet when one pisses on someone are way to high for even considering it.

O> One could get the impression you enjoy the destruction of Fidonet, but
O> then tell everybody you did everything you could do to prevent it and it
O> was everyone else's fault.

Wouldn't you think it is time for yourself meanwhile to do something ... anything ... other than your ramblings against me? You may make a lot of noise, but you fail to deliver something ... anything.

 \%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99
* Origin: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards (2:292/854)