Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 4649 из 7124 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Richard Menedetter               2:310/31           15 Apr 19 08:38:18
Кому : Paul Hayton                                         15 Apr 19 08:38:18
Тема : Perceptions
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:310/31+5cb42e36
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=3:770/100+44cfc355
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN1 =================================
Hi Paul!

12 Apr 2019 22:24, from Paul Hayton -> Richard Menedetter:

PH> But treating each other with consideration and respect is equally
PH> important in my view.

I agree.
But from my point of view this includes fact based debate.
Taking the time and doing a fact based debate is a sign of respect, not
disrespect!

PH> It's been nearly a year since you opted to delist so I completely
PH> understand how your perceptions would not have changed.

I 100% agree that my point of view is old.
And furthermore that FSXNet managed to gather a huge following, and that this
means that many people feel "at home" there.
I am just saying that back when I left it was not for me any more.
It was drifting "the wrong way" for me.
And after a large portion of discussion in the general area revolved around
Mystic BBS, albeit there existing FSX_Mystic and FSX_BBS, I had to have the
insight that this is not for me any longer.
This is nothing bad, it was just not the right way for ME, that is all.

PH> You're not active in the community anymore nor the new echo areas
PH> available and/or discussions and support for other BBS software taking
PH> place etc.

I am more than willing to try it again, if that is OK for you, and if I can
unsubscribe from BBS areas, and if that means that the topic in the remaining
areas is not BBS.
Like subsidiarity. If there is a specialzed area for a topic, discuss it there.

PH> Mystic BBS may have it's bugs

I wholeheartedly agree ;)
Especially as it tries to do everything, instead of focusing on a specialized
areas.

PH> (like other software)

No.
Other software is much more tested, and is NOT shared in a completely buggy and
dangerous way with the public.

I remember a version that was freely distributed that mixed the kludges of one
message with the text of another.
That is a bug that would be visible after minimal testing.
The mere fact that that buggy version was offered for download is still
shocking to me.

PH> I fear your encounters with him may have led you to become quite jaded
PH> about all things Mystic but at least you were 'warm' for a while.
PH> But at what cost?

What cost do you mean?
I have no issues as long as a software does not hinder the operation of the
network.
I have unsubscribed any BBS related area, simply because I am not interested in
that topic the slightest.
If BBS is left, I am very happy to go right.

PH> I guess it all depends on each persons point of view and their
PH> perception of what they take in.

Correct :)
Like everything in life.

CU, Ricsi

... They've turned off the Christmas carols. It's safe to come out now.
--- GoldED+/LNX
* Origin: I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off. (2:310/31)