Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 5911 из 7124 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Alexey Vissarionov               2:5020/545         24 Jan 22 02:22:22
Кому : Oli                                                 24 Jan 22 02:22:22
Тема : 2022 FTSC Standing Member Election - Call for Nominations
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:5020/545+61ede330
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:280/464.47+61ed446c
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:292/854+0c1a3b4c
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:310/31.3@fidonet+f8bb0a39
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:240/1120.29+25760601
Good ${greeting_time}, Oli!

Oli... WTF is that? Looks as a catty or doggy name from here.

23 Jan 2022 13:05:02, you wrote to Andrew Leary:

MF>>> I ask again, why are FidoNet Points excluded from being selected?
AL>> Points are considered to be roughly equivalent to BBS users.
AL>> Membership in the FTSC requires technical knowledge [...]
Ol> That is some oversimplification that is not grounded in reality.
Ol> To getting elected requires you to be a node and make your intention
Ol> to get elected public in FTSC_PUBLIC.
Ol> Technical knowledge is nowhere mentioned in FTA-1001

But the experience is. However, that's already appeared to be not really enough...

AL>> [...] technical knowledge that MOST users would not have;
Ol> But SOME do.

The candidates MUST (as in FTA-1006) have both knowlegde _and_ experience.

AL>> in fact even many nodes do not possess the expertise to be an
AL>> effective FTSC member.
Ol> in fact even many FTSC members do not possess the expertise (or
Ol> motivation) to be an effective FTSC member.

To be honest, more than a half of today's FTSC are mentally impaired.

AL>> That is why FTA-1001 specifies nodes that are actively involved in
AL>> FidoNet, having put out or updated a FidoNet-related project in the
AL>> preceding 2 years, or having experience as a Coordinator, EchoMail
AL>> Coordinator, or mail or file Hub.
Ol> What if, if a point has that experience?

So why that point doesn't run a node yet?

There are plenty of possibilities: IBN (at VPS|VDS), IMI... even Pvt (for experienced technicians, who are unable to run any sort of classic node).

Ol> Why wouldn't they qualify?

They are welcome to run a node. That's really simple, especially for really experienced people,

Ol> And why do nodes get elected that are running broken FTN software
Ol> from 20 years ago?

That's a flaw in the election process: idiots _do_ sneak in, and nothing can serve as a barrier for that.

Ol> Why are points that are actively involved in FTN software / projects /
Ol> technology excluded?

Involved? Where?

git clone what?
git blame who?

Actually I look only at R50 (and friendly regions like R40, R45 and R46), but here we have a properly functioning "ladder" raising people from BBS user to point, from point to a node etc.

Do you?

Ol> Why are points that are having experience as a coordinator, echomail
Ol> coordinator, or mail or file hub are excluded?

To be a ^Hub, [NRZ]C or [NRZ]EC one have to be a sysop of an individual node first.

Ol> Why should nodelist clerks just collect another head and then show no
Ol> interest of achieving anything as an FTSC member?

The nodelist clerks SHOULD NOT (again as in FTA-1006) participate in FTSC.

The FTSC is for the software developers. The nodelist clerks are welcome as invited guests here, but their voices are just colsultative, not imperative.

(If someone thinks the word "imperative" is wrong: иди нахуй).

Ol> But that doesn't matter anyway. The FTSC is still dead and the
Ol> election process is a farce.

- Hullo! Reanimation dept? Is Joe still alive?
- Still no.

Ol> Happy election season!

Have fuc^Hn :-)

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin
gremlin.ru!gremlin; +vii-cmiii-ccxxix-lxxix-xlii

... that's why I really dislike fools.
--- /bin/vi
* Origin: ::1 (2:5020/545)