Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 4097 из 7124 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Carol Shenkenberger              1:275/100          09 Dec 18 13:41:11
Кому : mark lewis                                          09 Dec 18 13:41:11
Тема : Candidates vision request
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=6910.ftsc_pub@1:275/100+2072b2c5
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:3634/12.73+5c0d34a7
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:240/1661+5bfd8f80
  Re: Candidates vision request
  By: mark lewis to Carol Shenkenberger on Sun Dec 09 2018 10:20 am

MV>>> ,100,Shenks_Express,Virginia_Beach_VA,Carol_Shenkenberger,-Unpublis
MV>>> he d-,300,XX,CM,INA:shenks.synchro.net,IBN:shenks.dyndns.org

MV>>> Can you tell us according to what part(s) of which FTSC standard(s)
MV>>> this nodelist entry contains information that is never used by a
MV>>> properly configured mailer?

CS>> What standards do you show to represent when a site has 2 resolving
CS>> addresses, one preferred for IBN but the other for everything?  Z1
CS>> practical resolution, yet another thing not documented.

ML> this multiple domain resolution thing is built into some mailers... it is
ML> not available for others... those mailers that can see and use multiple
ML> domains will cycle through them trying each one in succession until a
ML> connection is made or a number-of-tries counter has been reached... this
ML> works also with a domain name in the "system name" field if one were to
ML> use that field for a domain name instead of a system name... one could
ML> also use additional IBN flags to indicate more than the possible three
ML> domains when using the available fields where a domain name is able to be
ML> listed...

Yup, old school to use the BBS name field.  One of the earlierst methods and
even allows a static IP.

I think the issue is software differences.  In a purist stance, if they all
resolve to the same place and that one *critically* is always up with no
outages, then listing or even having others becomes moot.

That however is the perfect world scenario.

ML> the following would be a valid entry for a system with five domains
ML> available for connection...

ML> ,100,domain1.invalid,Virginia_Beach_VA,Carol_Shenkenberger,-Unpublished-,3
ML> 00,XX,CM,INA:domain2.invalid,IBN:domain3.invalid,IBN:domain4.invalid,IBN:d
ML> omain5.invalid

And would cycle though them (if having a mailer who did that).  I assume
domain2 first then 3-5 and *may* catch domain 1 with other mailers?  Older ones
may only see 3-5 unless using a parsed list like I-Argus or one of the I-BINK
types.

CS>> The world is not black and white.

ML> very true...

Occasonally helpful for those with a mailer that can take advantage of it.
Others may have to manually look up a site to see if there is a alternate path
if something seems offline.  It's all about communication and anything that
helps that in the nodelist, works for me.

  xxcarol
--- SBBSecho 2.12-Win32
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS telnet://shenks.synchro.net (1:275/100)