Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Apr 24 01:17:44, всего сообщений: 7124
= Сообщение: 5458 из 7124 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Carol Shenkenberger              1:275/100          11 Feb 21 22:03:17
Кому : Nicholas Boel                                       11 Feb 21 22:03:17
Тема : 2021 FTSC Standing Member Election - Term Expirations
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=7723.ftsc_pub@1:275/100+248b4420
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:154/10+601f845e
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=30916.ftsc_pub@1:103/705+248bb69c
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:154/10+602937f0
  Re: 2021 FTSC Standing Member Election - Term Expirations
  By: Nicholas Boel to Carol Shenkenberger on Sun Feb 07 2021 12:00 am

> Hello Carol,
>
> On Sat Feb 06 2021 14:19:12, Carol Shenkenberger wrote to August Abolins:
>
>  CS> There hasn't been much going on be a couple of us have been helping
>  CS> folks understand how the standards got in place and how proposals
>  CS> work.
>
> That has nothing to do with the FTSC.
>
>  CS> There are 2 in possible view in the not too distant future.  One from
>  CS> Maurice on datestamps that may morf a bit to become msg-id area (not
>  CS> clear to me on where he's taking it but he's looking at the next Y2K
>
> Nothing has been drafted. Maybe another proposal, but can not be turned into
> standard for another million years.
>
>  CS> type event) and you and Stas with Telegram working off
>  CS> smartphone/Notepads (assume I got that right).
>
> Again, something has to be drafted, and in this case.. can it be? Another
> protocol/service is being used to "gate" into Fidonet.
>
>  CS> Ozz has been developing a BBS with embedded mailer/tosser from what I
>  CS> can tell.
>
> Based off current standards and proposals, more than likely. If anything new
> made, show the FTSC so they can document it.
>
>  CS> and Nick is new enough, nothing has really happened but he devlops a
>  CS> major mailer.
>
> Nick as in Nick Andre? New Enough? Do you live in space?
>
>  CS> I have one other thought.  If no one screams too hard, maybe we can
>  CS> mix the renewal election dates a bit so it's not so lop-sided?  Just
>  CS> adjust some to further out.  We've done that before.  Twice that I
>  CS> know of.
>
> We basically have to support what's left, because by definition if we don't
> have 7? members, the FTSC is null and void.
>
> Regards,
> Nick
>
> ... "Take my advice, I don't use it anyway."

Well Nick B, With no propsals, our 'work' has been helping people understand
how to MAKE one.

Ozz had a lot of problems with no modern guides.  Modern developers aren't
passing new guides to those who can follow suit.  We have 'pipeline
development' now.  Modern tech tells us that is a dead end eventually.

Some of us are helping developers with how to get the 'word out' and then we
see what works.

I'd really hope Stas will help at least with some tech to smartphones IOS if I
got right.  I'd like to see somthing from the Mystic developer and to see SBBS
actually submit suggested implementation proposals would be excellent.
Technically SBBS is open source but that doesnt mean others know the basics to
find it.

So, any better ideas?  With no repository on 'how-to' we leave all developers
hanging and we die.  It doesnt MATTER if it is a proposal or raised to a
standard just now.  It needs to be where they can find it.

  xxcarol
--- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS telnet://shenks.synchro.net (1:275/100)