FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 01 Apr 24 00:03:00, всего сообщений: 7402
= Сообщение: 81 из 7402 =============================================== IPV6 =
От   : Kees van Eeten                   2:280/5003.4       29 Nov 13 11:34:48
Кому : Rj Clay                                             29 Nov 13 11:34:48
Тема : IPv6 & ifcico?
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5003.4+529877a8
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=1:120/546+a464448b
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN-1 ================================
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=1:120/546+742ce53e
Hello Rj!

28 Nov 13 07:14, you wrote to me:

RC>     Which version of ifcico are you using? I wasn't aware that it was IPv6
RC> capable but then the versions I've been testing have been crashing for
RC> just normal connect attempts so I haven't gotten that far...

 The ifcico I use is the one that comes in the regular Debian distribution.
 It crashes on my system, when I try to use some of the dialing conditions,
 and it may not be 100% 64bit safe. The only connects I have are on the
 Pots line.

 As far as I know there is no Ipv6 in ifcico, but for incoming traffic I understand, that that is handled by the Inetd daemon. So I can only have
 incoming IPv6 traffic there.

 For outgoing traffic on IPv6, the extended devoloment of ifcico, qico has
 possibillities for IPv6. Atleast, there is a patch by Andre Gruenenberg
 who also provided the IPv6 for Binkd. Andre has recently left Fidonet.

 I looked into qico, it may have many of the flaws in ifcico removed, but
 to me the config file looks like a swiss armyknife, it want to do everything.

 With the patched of qico, it should be possible, the do similar things
 with ifcico, but with the failure in the flag selection, I have not had
 the courage to modify ifcico for IPv6

 Another source for what to adapt could be mbcico by Michiel Broek, who
 delveloped MBBBS. That is also a derivative of ifcico, with binkd added.
 My grudge there is that Michiel moved the configuration into a database,
 and you probably have to run the whole package. Mbcico had quite a few
 changes, compared to ifcico, but a gain, if you look at the patches by
 Andre Gruenenberg, it should not be too difficult to find what is changed
 to enable ipv6. It are mainly the strings that hold the address and
 the functions called to get the host address.

 I am also interested to get ifcico to do ipv6 or strippeddown qico.
 The crashing on the flags held me back to explore further. It could be
 in the code, it could be because it is not 64bit safe, who knows.

 In general my span of concentration on a specific problem is sufficient
 to locate the problem, but not to solve it. I return a year later to
 see if there has been any progres by the developers. With ifcico that does
 not help, because I do not think that there is any development being done.

 I think that Benny Pedersen has used qico on IPv6, I think he recently wrote
 that he went back to IPv4 only, as he had problems with hist IPv6 tunnels,
 and is now waiting for native IPv6.

 Maybe a bit archaic, but this is all I can gether on the subject at this
 moment.

Kees

--- FPD v2.9.040207  GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5
* Origin: As for me, all I know is that, I know nothing. (2:280/5003.4)