FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 01 Apr 24 00:03:00, всего сообщений: 7402
= Сообщение: 152 из 7402 ============================================== IPV6 =
От   : Kees van Eeten                   2:280/5003.4       03 Dec 13 22:18:56
Кому : Rj Clay                                             03 Dec 13 22:18:56
Тема : IPv6 & ifcico?
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5003.4+529e4f3a
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=1:120/546+742ce53e
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN-1 ================================
Hello Rj!

02 Dec 13 10:22, you wrote to me:

RC>    I primarily run and develop on Debian (plus Ubuntu) so it's the Debian
RC> version that I run as well.  I plan to work on it at least enough to
RC> create a debug package for it, so I can work on trying to find the
RC> problems.
RC>    I will be putting that version (possibly along with the original
RC> ifmail/ifcico) into a git repo in order to work on that, and I already
RC> have MBSE BBS and QICO in git repositories; might could just do some
RC> comparisons to what the 'newer' code did...

 Well I will chacke on changes once in a while. If I make any progress myself,
 I will let you know. I think the code needs a cleanup first to het rid
 of obsolete practices in coding. The same goes for Golded and the Husky set.

>> The only connects I have are on the Pots line.

RC>   I likely did try using it for POTS calls but if so, it would have been
RC> some time ago... (Haven't even had a POTS line for awhile, although I've
RC> been thinking about getting one again...)

 On my previous hardware, I also supported ISDN. I could do so now,
 but nobody will connect to it. Now there is one node in our net with
 pots only. The last couple of years he promised to switch to IP real soon
 now.

RC>    I'm also somewhat involved with qico (member of the SourceProject
RC> and
RC> I'd like to package it for use on Debian/Ubuntu) but I've not had a chance
RC> to work on it.  Don't recall if what I have already has IPv6 related
RC> changes; I'd have to check the code repository and/or find my notes.
RC> (still getting set up at my new place...)

 Andre Gruenenberg made a patch for qico-0.57.1xe

RC>    Yes, I have that (but haven't had chance to work on the packaging for
RC> the release version); and MBSE BBS has been released as v1.01, which
RC> includes the IPv6 code.

 Michiel Broek had some involvement with IPv6 in his professional life,
 so implementing it in MBSE, was not a major challenge.

>> With ifcico that does not help, because I do not think that there is
>> any development being done.

RC>    There's not, that I'm aware of;  neither the original version (which is
RC> available at a SourceForge project) nor the tx version that's in Debian.

 What I found up till now, MBSE by Michiel and Binkd/Qico by Andre.
 Andre was also professionally invoveld with IPv6

>> I think that Benny Pedersen has used qico on IPv6,

RC>   IIRC, that's who I tested with last year; IPv6 via an HE tunnel, using a
RC> test package of MBSE BBS with the IPv6 changes.

 Yes he was active then, that and the work by Adre triggered me to set up
 for IPv6 as well. Wilfred was also triggered and since then our connections
 is IPv6. I was then surprised, that my connections to, then still active
 Michiel Broek, also used IPv6.

Kees

--- FPD v2.9.040207  GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5
* Origin: As for me, all I know is that, I know nothing. (2:280/5003.4)