FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 01 Apr 24 00:03:00, всего сообщений: 7402
= Сообщение: 5878 из 7402 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         22 Feb 19 15:53:07
Кому : Tony Langdon                                        22 Feb 19 15:53:07
Тема : Dynamic IPv6
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+5c701586
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=3547.fido-fn_sysop@3:633/410+20d1be43
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=1024.fido-ipv6@3:633/410+20d58e64

*** Answering a msg posted in area FN_SYSOP (International Fido Sysops).

Hello Tony,

On Wednesday February 20 2019 08:19, you wrote to me:

TL> BTW, what do you use for DDNS so other nodes can find you?

Nothing. Same for IPv4.

My DNS provider, Euodns has a DDNS servive, but only for IPv4. Ik have used it in the pastm but my IPv4 address only changes when the WAN MAC of my CPE changes, and it has been stable for years now.

IPv6 is a different story. Oddly enough Euodns does not offer DDNS for IPv6. My Ipv6 prefix is pretty stable as well but it does not seem to be linked to the CPE WAN MAC.

Ihave a script from another Dutch IPv6 guru that shoukd take care of it but I have not yet come around to adapting it to my needs. Not high on the list of priorities. The IPv6 prefix has only changed thee or four times since I have native IPv6. Up until now Ihave always updated manually.

MvV>> Both SixXs and he.net provided excellent and stable services,
MvV>> but I never got more than about half the IPv4 download speed on
MvV>> my tunnels. The frustrating part is that I never could figure
MvV>> out why. Also with the he.net tunnel I was geolocated  in the
MvV>> USA which caused other problems. Plus the MTU limits.

TL> Of all the tunnel providers I've used, these two were the best and
TL> most stable, but at the time I was using tunnels, there were no POPs
TL> for these providers in Australia, meaning long and highly suboptimal
TL> routing.  I think that's also your speed issue - the distance between
TL> the POP and you.

I doubt that. he.net has a POP on AMS-IX. "Everyone" in The Netherlands is "close" to AMS-IX. ;-)

TL> The international lonks can't give you your full share of bandwidth.

Sure. But I do not think that was the problem with my tunnels.

TL> Try doing a speedtest.net to the USA and see what happens.  I haven't
TL> tried the USA, but EU from here often only gets a few Mb/s on my
TL> 100/40 connection, which can sustain 80 Mb/s when using a local test
TL> server.

Down under is also slow from here.

MvV>> So no, a tunnel with a static address is not better than dynamic
MvV>> native. The pros of native exceed the cons of dynamic.

TL> But native and static beats them all. ;)

Of course. ;-)

* Origin: he.net certified sage (2:280/5555)