FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 01 Apr 24 00:03:00, всего сообщений: 7402
= Сообщение: 6528 из 7402 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         31 Jan 21 11:18:37
Кому : Jay Harris                                          31 Jan 21 11:18:37
Тема : Down Temporarily
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+601683ff
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=1:229/664+e5e42d50
Hello Jay,

On Saturday January 30 2021 20:20, you wrote to me:

JH> My IPv6 will be down for a little bit.  I decided to replace my aging
JH> router setup with this fancy Orbi WiFi 6 mesh system.  I was doing a
JH> lot of research, and of course one the boxes to tick was "IPv6
JH> Support".

Of course. It was already ten years ago that I decided not to buy any new network equipment that does not support IPv6.

JH> While this Orbi DOES support IPv6, what it DOESN'T support is IPv6
JH> port opening/forwarding like my old OnHub did.

Oh...  Are you sure? I would be very surprised if your router does not have an IPv6 firewall that is configurable to have servers in the netwok accept incoming IPv6 calls.

But sometimes it is a bit difficult to find. Some route manufacturer put it om the same page as the port forwarding for IPv4. Easy to find but calling it port forwarding for IPv6 is technically incorrect. Some router manufaturers put it somewhere else.

My router has a page marked "Port Forwarding". That is IPv4 only. There is another page called "IP and Port filtering" That page has an IPv4 and and IPv6 section.

Oddly enough the IPv6 part is where I have to open an IPv6 port. Even more confusing is that I can specify ingoing and outgoing addresses and ports. I have not tried but it looks like I can actually do NAT on IPv6. It should not.. Anyway this is where I open a port by marking it as "allow". Very confusing.

What I am trying to say is that your router most likely has a way to open an Iv6 port in the IPv6 firewall, but that it is hidden in the noise somewhere. Does the manufacturer not offer support?

I see that you have removed the AAAA record from your listed hostname. So I have marked you as "6DWN  in the list of IPv6 nodes. If you can still make outgoing IPv6 calls, I could change that to "OO". Try polling my system, so we can see...

* Origin: he.net certified sage (2:280/5555)