FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 01 Apr 24 00:03:00, всего сообщений: 7402
= Сообщение: 6920 из 7402 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         06 Jan 22 13:10:11
Кому : Anna Christina Nass                                 06 Jan 22 13:10:11
Тема : List of IPv6 nodes
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+61d6de52
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=2:240/5824.1@fidonet+f82e9ab5
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=2:240/5824.1@fidonet+f836a5da
Hello Anna,

On Thursday January 06 2022 08:55, you wrote to me:

MvdV>> I never understood why providers still issue dynamic adresses to
MvdV>> their customers. It made sense in the time of dial up. But now
MvdV>> with "always on" connections...

AN> I think, today it is a way to sell their 'business' rates which
AN> include static IPv4 and IPv6 prefix...

Here that "Business Pro" package is not available without a commercial registration.

MvdV>> Anyway, I too have a dynamic IPv4 address and a dynamic IPv6
MvdV>> pefix. But in practice it is semi static. It does not change
MvdV>> often enough to invest time and energy in automatic updates.

AN> My first boss once told me: If something is to be done more than one
AN> time, it's worth writing a script to automate it :)

I see the point but I disagree with that boss of yours. If it happens twice it is still not worth to invest time and energy in automating it. Most of the time at least. Problem is of course that one generally does not know in advance how often it is going to happen. I intended to automate the DNS update, I simply never got around doing it. If it were to happen once a week, I would have done it by now, but as it is, it simply does not have priority.

AN> But besides, you have to be noticed somehow that the IP/prefix has
AN> been changed - or how do you know when to manually update your DNS?

If my IPv6 pefix changes I notice soon enough. There is always someone in the Fidonet IPv6 club that warns me within a day. ;-)

* Origin: he.net certified sage (2:280/5555)