FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 01 Apr 24 00:03:00, всего сообщений: 7402
= Сообщение: 6940 из 7402 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         08 Jan 22 11:40:13
Кому : Anna Christina Nass                                 08 Jan 22 11:40:13
Тема : List of IPv6 nodes
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+61d96c48
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=2:240/5824.1@fidonet+f836a5da
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=2:240/5824.1@fidonet+f83eaf68
Hello Anna,

On Friday January 07 2022 11:07, you wrote to me:

AN>>> I think, today it is a way to sell their 'business' rates which
AN>>> include static IPv4 and IPv6 prefix...

MvdV>> Here that "Business Pro" package is not available without a
MvdV>> commercial registration.

AN> As far as I've read, at least as a customer of Deutsche Telekom it is
AN>  also possible to get the business packages. I don't know how other
AN> ISPs handle it, though.

It is up to the ISP how they deal with it. Point is that even if you could get the Business Pro package without a commercial registration, it is still not just "paying extra for the fixed IP". You get a lot more, like support guaranteed within a certain time frame etc, end you pay for that. A lot...

AN>>> But besides, you have to be noticed somehow that the IP/prefix
AN>>> has been changed - or how do you know when to manually update
AN>>> your DNS?

MvdV>> If my IPv6 pefix changes I notice soon enough. There is always
MvdV>> someone in the Fidonet IPv6 club that warns me within a day. ;-)

AN> Okay, so it can happen that your IPv6 connection isn't reachable for
AN> some time (via DNS). So it's good that IPv4 is still working :)

Indeed, it occasionally happens that my IPv6 is down for a couple of hours or so. It also occasiaonally happens that my system is completely down for a couple of hours. This is a hobby system. I do maintenance once in a while and there the occasional power failure.

If I still had a business and it depended on my servers being 24/7 on line, I would take measures. As it is, I do not consider it an issue for a hobby system...

* Origin: he.net certified sage (2:280/5555)