FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 01 Apr 24 00:03:00, всего сообщений: 7402
= Сообщение: 6976 из 7402 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         12 Jan 22 17:38:35
Кому : Anna Christina Nass                                 12 Jan 22 17:38:35
Тема : List of IPv6 nodes
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+61df0771
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=2:240/5824.1@fidonet+f856c632
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=2:240/5824.1@fidonet+f8670b96
Hello Anna,

On Tuesday January 11 2022 10:21, you wrote to me:

MvdV>> That should be no surprise. The Intenet has de facto run out of
MvdV>> IPv4 adresses ten years ago.

AN> Yep, I know :) And thus the 'newer' ISPs don't had the chance to get
AN> enough IPv4 addresses for all new customers, while 'older' ISPs (like
AN>  Deutsche Telekom in my case) have bigger IPv4 address pools.

The "newer" ISP have problems, but with some old the older ISPs the bottom of the IPv4 treasure hold is also in sight.

MvdV>> For years I have been saying that DS-Lite is unavoidable in the
MvdV>> long run.

AN> Correct.
AN> But as long as IPv6 is not the default case for accessing the
AN> Internet, I still want to have a 'real' IPv4 address to be able to
AN> access my home devices from the Internet.

I do not know if that is a realistic wish.

The transition to IPv6 should have been completed 10 years ago, /before/ the world ran out of IPv4 adresses. Then we would have no problems now. As it is we have the situation that not everyone has IPv6 yet and there is not enough IPv4 left for everyone. Lacking time machines we can not correct the mistakes made in the past and so we have to live with the situation as it is. Which means that some of us will have to do without a globally routable IPv4 address.

With that in mind, I did my DS-Lite emulation experiments. I am prepaired. ;-)

AN> And in my case, I don't have IPv6 at work, for example.

So tell your boss that he needs to prepair for the case that when you are forced to work from home and can only be reached via IPv6.

I mentioned feste-ip.net didn't I?

AN> But all my (own, private) servers do have IPv6 enabled and reachable
AN> for years now (and I also have the IPv6 T-Shirt from he.net *g*), so
AN> at least I'm prepared :)

The T-shirt...  I already showed you mine didn't I? How about showing yours? ;-)

* Origin: he.net certified sage (2:280/5555)